Trd Air Filter

thdoan

I have K&N air filter installed in my previous Sienna 2000. I can feel the van pick up faster at normal accelerate throttle, but about the same at full throttle. Definitely, gas mileage is improved. In general, I am happy with it.

Now, I am ordering the TRD air filter for my new RX330. It will arrive tomorrow. Some discussions say that K&N filter may harm the engine either by letting dust inside, or oil the sensor. These make me nervous to install the TRD air filter. I hope that TRD is from Toyota, and they should think twice before design those high performance filters. Do you have any suggestion?

Any comment/suggestion is appreciated <_<

As was i stevie

trd doesn;t make much if anything they get other companies to make it and brand it after.

TRD is basic junk they don't a damn thing worth any performance unless it happens to be easy as jam for them.

So to answer your questions yes it is a K&N filter and if trd sells it it is very safe.

• 6 months later...
I have K&N air filter installed in my previous Sienna 2000. I can feel the van pick up faster at normal accelerate throttle, but about the same at full throttle. Definitely, gas mileage is improved. In general, I am happy with it.

Now, I am ordering the TRD air filter for my new RX330. It will arrive tomorrow. Some discussions say that K&N filter may harm the engine either by letting dust inside, or oil the sensor. These make me nervous to install the TRD air filter. I hope that TRD is from Toyota, and they should think twice before design those high performance filters. Do you have any suggestion?

Just want to add new info. I have a chance to talk with a Lexus Technician. I mention to him my concern about oil in TRD filter can oil the air mass sensor. He told me that to avoid any lawsuit, Lexus agrees to replace air mass filter in that case without question. He said that there should not be any issue of using TRD or K&N air filter. :cheers:

• 3 months later...

thdoan,

I'm considering getting the K&N filter for my 2005 RX330. I had a TRD air filter in my 2000 4runner which was easy to install. But I can't figure out where to put the filter on the RX330. There is no mention of the filter in the owner's manual and there is no diagram of the engine showing where the filter goes. Anybody got any detailed drawings, etc. I'd rather not buy a manual.

thanks

• 4 months later...

Just want to add new info. I have a chance to talk with a Lexus Technician. I mention to him my concern about oil in TRD filter can oil the air mass sensor. He told me that to avoid any lawsuit, Lexus agrees to replace air mass filter in that case without question. He said that there should not be any issue of using TRD or K&N air filter. :cheers:

So guys, I have seen some dicussions where dust or oil may get in the system due to the use of a K&N filter. Is there any truth to this? I just bought one yesterday and installed it. It's working great, but I want to make sure I don't mess up my car. Does anyone have any insight into this? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Just want to add new info. I have a chance to talk with a Lexus Technician. I mention to him my concern about oil in TRD filter can oil the air mass sensor. He told me that to avoid any lawsuit, Lexus agrees to replace air mass filter in that case without question. He said that there should not be any issue of using TRD or K&N air filter.:cheers:

So guys, I have seen some dicussions where dust or oil may get in the system due to the use of a K&N filter. Is there any truth to this? I just bought one yesterday and installed it. It's working great, but I want to make sure I don't mess up my car. Does anyone have any insight into this? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

I have a K&N in my GS and love it. And stock toyota filter in my ES. You will find some members against K%N and some swear by them so it is really up to the individual to make the choice. The argument between the two has been never ending and really pointless IMHO. Just be happy with your decisions and enjoy the ride. :cheers:

What about price difference? I know nothing in pros and cons about either and as earlier thread said lexus says its fine with k&n filters so whats the dilema about actually? I dont frequent my dealer as I have a fantastic mechanic in town and the dealer is an hour away plus I cant drive. So any recomendations as to where to order the air fliters for engine and or ac? :cheers:

I have a K&N in my GS and love it. And stock toyota filter in my ES. You will find some members against K%N and some swear by them so it is really up to the individual to make the choice. The argument between the two has been never ending and really pointless IMHO. Just be happy with your decisions and enjoy the ride.:cheers:

Well said dc.....I have to agree as I have had 3 K & N filters on my last 3 vehicles & never a problem even after being re-oiled.......just have to make sure you follow exact instructions. ;)

A little hesitant however to install one on my wife's Subaru Forester.......not a happy buch who have put them in on the Forester club forums. :huh:

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
What about price difference? I know nothing in pros and cons about either and as earlier thread said lexus says its fine with k&n filters so whats the dilema about actually? I dont frequent my dealer as I have a fantastic mechanic in town and the dealer is an hour away plus I cant drive. So any recomendations as to where to order the air fliters for engine and or ac?:cheers:

i got my k&n filter at walmart for about $35 bucks which i don't think is bad at all. i believe an OEM filter cost almost 20 bucks so it pays for itself after 2 changes with the OEM, plus you get the added performance enhancement.

What about price difference? I know nothing in pros and cons about either and as earlier thread said lexus says its fine with k&n filters so whats the dilema about actually? I dont frequent my dealer as I have a fantastic mechanic in town and the dealer is an hour away plus I cant drive. So any recomendations as to where to order the air fliters for engine and or ac?:cheers:

i got my k&n filter at walmart for about $35 bucks which i don't think is bad at all. i believe an OEM filter cost almost 20 bucks so it pays for itself after 2 changes with the OEM, plus you get the added performance enhancement.

Kind of link this 3 week old debtate........

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...25768&hl=filter