Just Changed Rear Pads Out

sunman

what kind of pads did you put on your car? i ended putting brendix brake pads from advanced auto because i didnt want to pay an arm and leg for the lexus parts. now my brakes squeal like a biotch, im still trying to figure out how to dampen the squeaks. i should have gone with oem parts.

is there some kind of spray lubricant or something of some sort to apply to the rotors that will quiet them a little?

No, but when they put in new pads they should put a little brake pad anti-squeak grease on the shims. You NEVER put any lubricants on the rotors!

#3: Apply anti-squeal moly lube or similar to backing plate of the pads - or use an anti-squeal shim between the pad and the piston contact areas.

i dunno, it says or...

or am i missing something? i've changed a lot of pads and have never needed backing shims and spray at the same time...

#2: Inspect calipers, caliper sliders, and all other mounting sufaces and metal-to-metal contact areas.  (This includes the rotor to hub mounting surface which commonly becomes contaminated by rust and other debris!) Lubricate all metal-to-metal contact areas with moly grease or lube.

Lube always helps. ;)

is there some kind of spray lubricant or something of some sort to apply to the rotors that will quiet them a little?

Bad idea. Your brakes work because friction between the pads and rotors is high. Putting anything there to reduce the friction will lessen your stopping power.