Question About Radio Display

lazikiwe

Hello everyone, i have a 98 Lexus ES 300 which i recently got pre-owned but the Radio display is sort of dimming out with the digits no longer forming entirely, the radio still plays fine but the display is not entirely visible anymore.

Can anyone recommend what might be the cause and possible solution short of replacing the whole radio.

Any information on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, i have a 98 Lexus ES 300 which i recently got pre-owned but the Radio display is sort of dimming out with the digits no longer forming entirely, the radio still plays fine but the display is not entirely visible anymore.

Can anyone recommend what might be the cause and possible solution short of replacing the whole radio.

Thanks

old topic/thread but mine did the samething today..

any help for us?

Thanks

old topic/thread but mine did the samething today..

any help for us?

I think I found it:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...opic=7149&st=15

Now by read this post it looks to be one 2 harness I need to remove after radio.

Thanks

The delamination of the LCD panel seems to be somewhat common. As you can see from the thread mburnickas posted, it has been widely discussed. My 97 is beginning to delaminate, and the colder weather makes it even more apparent.

As it says in the thread, you can purchase a new LCD panel from Pioneer for about $90 and replace the screen yourself. Our fellow LOC members have been kind enough to post great instructions on how to do so.

Good luck!