Window Tint

blake918

I had my windows tinted recently. I went with 20%(50% is what's legal in LA!); now, I wish I would have gone with something darker like 10 or 15%! I feel 100% confident of my nighttime driving with my 'dark' tint. Price: $190 with lifetime warranty; after talking to other people, that sounds like a great price for the job! My friend had his '04 Corolla tinted for $210; I don't know if he got taken for a ride, or if I got a great price(I am friends with the guy that owns and installs all of the tint at his tint shop, so maybe that influenced the price!). I know; I know...my car is filthy in the pics(I'm at college now, and I have nowhere to spend all day detailing the car); I'm going have my fuel filter changed this week, so I'll let LeBlanc Lexus clean it up for me! Along with the obvious benefits of the tint for the interior, the car looks stunning with the blacked out windows and black paint! B) Here are the before and after pics(as per the request of a good LOC friend):

DSC00768.sized.jpg

DSC00888.sized.jpg

:cheers:

that will really help preserve the leather as well.

That was my thinking too! The top of the backseat really gets baked, and it's starting to split a little too, so the tint should help some. I was origionally going to go with 30 or 35%, but that wasn't dark enough for me when I saw the samples of the tint! I was looking for something as dark as possible, but I didn't want to have to roll down the windows to use the rearview mirrors. Thanks for all of the nice words acf, silver, lexls, and vevro.

Vevro, your black '99 would be out of this world(98-00 are my favorite LS's) with some tint! :D

93, I'll have to get back with you on the view from inside because I don't have a digital camera with me at school. :( I'll pass on the trade! :P lol I'm finally getting my land yacht the way I want it-tint, new timing belt-water pump, tensioner, idler's, GPS navi system, functional stereo LCD,new driver's door weatherstripping, and a fresh antenna mast, and now, my plan is to drive it for the next 10 years! B)

99, what percentage do you have on your 'ultimate LS(IMO, atleast!)?' :D

Thanks for the complements guys! Steve(SW) has talked about a cleaning agent that can wash the entire car with only 2 gallons of water, so I'm going search for that post! I need to find something to use while I'm at college because I can't stand the dirtiness of my car, and I haven't seen the car cleaned up with the new tint either! :blushing: Plus, like acf said, other people detailing my car can't be a good thing!