Head Unit

I have the 92 SC400, and my head unit does not have the CD button on it, it looks like mine didn't come with the 10 disc in there because it is a Kenwood. But it sounds like crap. There is a scratching and fuzz with certain songs or types of music and only when my cd player is on.

First I was told the tweeters were blown, so I replaced those and it did nothing.

I was wondering if I were to buy one of the used head units off ebay with the CD button on it then if that would cut down on some of the interference since I run the cd player through a radio station. Also if I were to upgrade my cd changer itself, maybe the amp is going bad?

Shops never give me and answer to what I can do without dumping money into it and SEEING if it works. They're also said that if I were to change something like the factory amp out, then I would have to change all the speakers and everything because it wouldn't be compatible. So I know I'm asking a lot of info and i'd really appriciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks a lot

NOOOO WHat you have is called interference. Your cds are playing through the FM nmodulator to play out of a station. This only happens when u play cds why would u listen to someone to change ur tweeters???? Any How

if u change the radio to aftermarket alpine or pioneer etc, this problem will stop.

but if u get the radio witht he cd button like u said that is the facory nakamichi radio which will need the speakers amps and cd changer to go with it. So no it wont work.

So the only way outta this is buy urself a nice radio that plays cds and have it professionally installed. to make it look nice.

It sounds to me like your FM Modulator might be over modulating. Is the scratchy part of your music when it gets really loud? When it's high pitched? When it's a lot of bass?? You just may need to adjust your modulator. I found that to be true when I installed my XM SkiFi modulator. I couls not run it at full modulation because of distortion.

Tom

thats could be it too. but usually a kenwood cd changer doesnt come with an adjustable fm modulator. but i know what ur talking about as well. techniclly it might be something in the menu settings. but the bottom line is its working wirless and you can never trouble shoot the right way because of this.