Sc400

i have a 92 lexus sc400 and am just wondering how do u removed all the speakers cover in the car because i want to put in new speakers but i dont know how to take the cover out so can u guys can jus email me and show me how to do it my email is tommytran97@yahoo.com

No dont try to take off the speaker covers. For the front you have to remove the whole door panel and the speaker cover is screwed on to the door panel. as for the rear you need to remove the back seats and unscrew the back boared and then unscrew the covers off the boared. its long and time consuming.

p.s. where did u find new covers?

at the bottom of the shifter knob is a plastic peice push this doen with a screwdriver and u will see 2 screws. once those come out its free to come out.

To take off the back speakers, unclip the lower part of the rear seat. then you will see 3 lugs, unscrew those and unlatch the upper part of the rear seat. Then there is the rear cover that has 3 clips on the front view take those off and unclip it slowly from the rear.

Then youll be able to access the rear speakers.

can i ask kjus one more thing and thats is how u open the front lights because water got in it so i want to open it so i can wipe the water out and am just wondering where is the amp for the car is located at and if i put a new deck do i have to rewire the whole thing and do i need to buy a new amp or i can used the old one

i am just wondering when i drived my car my steering wheel seeming to slang to one side like on other cars when u let go of ur steering wheel and drived it goes in a stright line for my car it seem to swarved to one side so do u guys know how to fix that....am sorrie for asking bout so many things the reason why because am only 16 and this is my first car so i dont really know anything about it and thanks a lots u guys for helping me out with all my car problems because last week i spend 150 dollar fixing the window and after al the things u guys show me i can do it my self but before i didnt know about this site so thanks u guys a lot because yall have saved me a lot of money on my car

dont worry thats why this forum is here. to help eachother out.

I have the same problem with the seering wheel. i believe someone posted that you have to change the bushing in front to fix that. im gonna take my car saturday to get that problem fixed. ill keep u posted.

First off, you sure picked a money pit for your first car. Older SC400's and other Lexus' are great cars but when *BLEEP* goes wrong...$$$$. Good luck. For your steering problem you will more than likely need to replace the lower control arm bushings and get a good 4-wheel alignment. You may need to replace the shocks and tires depending on what damage they have incurred due to this problem. The dealer will tell you that they only sell the whole control arm for like $600.00 each but www.tmengineering.com will have just the bushings for like $100.00 for both sides. I had a mechanic put them on for $180.00 labor only.

• 3 months later...

hi am tommy and am jus wondering how can i take out the subs out in the bak of my car because i open out everything but i cant pull out the cover and am just wondering where can i buy the door panel for my door because i need a cheap one because at the dealer ship it charge me 1 thousand dollar

No dont try to take off the speaker covers. For the front you have to remove the whole door panel and the speaker cover is screwed on to the door panel. as for the rear you need to remove the back seats and unscrew the back boared and then unscrew the covers off the boared. its long and time consuming.