No More Avs?

amf1932

It seems that Lexus is no longer offering AVS(Adaptive Variable Suspension) in their 2005 ES330's in the USA. I searched their website, from the East Coast to the Central States and all the way to California to see it listed in their options packages, but no AVS. Maybe I'm missing something? I see it's still offered in Canada though.

Update: I just spoke to a California Lexus dealer(Santa Monica), and they told me that they still have the AVS in the 2005 ES's, yet when you want to build your car from their website they still don't show AVS listed. Strange, very strange!

I remember Lexus really pushing the sale on that feature last year. I'm sure it was to move the inventory of parts or to satisfy an agreement so they pushed sales hard to meet contractural agreements.

I found that strange too amf :blink: I have a 2005 ES pamphlet (not the full brochure yet) and it does indeed state that the AVS is still an option for us Canadian folk. Did you e-mail Lexus USA directly to ask them?

:cheers:

It seems that Lexus is no longer offering AVS(Adaptive Variable Suspension) in their 2005 ES330's in the USA. I searched their website, from the East Coast to the Central States and all the way to California to see it listed in their options packages, but no AVS. Maybe I'm missing something? I see it's still offered in Canada though.

Update: I just spoke to a California Lexus dealer(Santa Monica), and they told me that they still have the AVS in the 2005 ES's, yet when you want to build your car from their website they still don't show AVS listed. Strange, very strange!

It's listed on their web site:

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/performance.html

Perhaps it is now standard and that's why it's not listed in the options?

The Build Your Lexus feature on the Lexus site is dynamic, it changes based on region and cars availiable. My guess is this first run of 05 ES' won't have AVS with the AVS cars to be built later. They do this with colors too.

My guess is this first run of 05 ES' won't have AVS with the AVS cars to be built later.

Not so! Yesterday I spoke to Santa Monica Lexus(CA) and I was told that they have the '05 ES's with AVS in stock. ;)

P.S. Go to Lexus.com and put in a California Zip, then 'build your Lexus'. You'll see that in NO option package is AVS mentioned.

My guess is this first run of 05 ES' won't have AVS with the AVS cars to be built later.

Not so! Yesterday I spoke to Santa Monica Lexus(CA) and I was told that they have the '05 ES's with AVS in stock. ;)

P.S. Go to Lexus.com and put in a California Zip, then 'build your Lexus'. You'll see that in NO option package is AVS mentioned.

Which may mean simply that they've made it standard.