Installing New Head Unit

ok so i got my new head unit and i go to install it so i pulled out my stock cd player and got the toyota wiring harness i bought doesnt fit so i called around to a few places and they r telling me they dont make a harness for my car

does any one know where i can get a harness or what company makes one????

My bro had a 92 400, he had a double din custom installed. he had the the wires har installed (no harness) and a mounting harness custom made (not too hard, just a couple of plates and screws. not too hard of a DIY). but you are right, i don't think there is an install kit, but its not too hard. just test which wires go where (if you don't know how, just take two wires, and connect them to a power source BRIEFLY, and you will hear the speaker "pop" - not blow pop, but turn on pop.). Let me know if you have any problems.

I used my old harness from my wifes 01' 4runner and it worked fine on my 93 sc3. I just had to modify the remote turn on and run a new signal feed from one of my rca out puts and I even got the stock 10 to work. So what year harness did you buy?

a diagram would be perfect i didnt wanna have to test all the wire that would be great thanks alot

you can email it to me if you like or just send it over the forum my email adress is paintballa720@msn.com

thanks again for all your help

My bro had a 92 400, he had a double din custom installed. he had the the wires har installed (no harness) and a mounting harness custom made (not too hard, just a couple of plates and screws. not too hard of a DIY).

Where did your bro have that custom DIN made at? That's exactly what I need!! Thanks!!! :cheers:

call your local lexus dealer for a diagram thats where i got one for my car and on mine its actually alot harder than one may think you see there is a seperate amp for all my speakers and guess where they decided to put it .... in the trunk under my 12 disc changer so i had to run half my speaker wires back there .. over all installing a new head unit on my car was a !Removed! i wouldnt reccomend doing it yourself take it some where that knows what they are doing cuz so far its takin me about a week haha

theodore the wiring diagram you sent me and though i still thank you very much for the time you took sending it to me was very in accurate. so i had to get one from the dealership where i found out that the wiring changed many times trough out the years haha they made it hard on us