Question: Gs430 Recalibrated Steering Ecu

My 01 430 is all stock & I plan on mostly keeping it that way.(No need to mess with a good thing!)

The recallibrated steering ecu has got my attention.

Is it easy to install and can you feel a difference?

I would assume it is not a reliability issue since it is an oem part.(Is the one you get from lextasy an oem?)

thanks

So far I've been unable to determine whether 2001 and newer Gs430s come stock with the L-tuned steering ECU. Lexus literature is silent on the matter. Some posters say they already come stock, while other posters who installed the ECUs in 01 GS4s claim little or no improvement. Nobody has reported a substantial improvement. That's why I'm holding off.

As to buying from Lextasy.com, I think that they're a shady. I'm sure that you can buy the ECU cheaper from an online Lexus dealer like Carson Toyota or Sewell Lexus.

I bought some LEDs from Lextasy that were advertised as DRL replacements and promised HID-like brightness. What a ripoff. Those "DRL" LEDs (a) were really very weak replacements for the stock driving light bulbs and not DRLs, and (b) another website that sold nothing but automotive LEDs was selling them for 1/4 of Lextasy's price. The LEDs did absolutely nothing for the DRLs. Members of another Lexus forum also have negative opinion of Lextasy.com.

Good luck with the steering ECU, and if you decide to install it, post back the results.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some LEDs from Lextasy that were advertised as DRL replacements and promised HID-like brightness. What a ripoff. Those "DRL" LEDs (a) were really very weak replacements for the stock driving light bulbs and not DRLs, and (B) another website that sold nothing but automotive LEDs was selling them for 1/4 of Lextasy's price. The LEDs did absolutely nothing for the DRLs. Members of another Lexus forum also have negative opinion of Lextasy.com.

I got those drls (led's) from lextasy and they are very very weak and make my gs 430 side markers look cheesy. ABSOLUTE RIP-OFF on those product claims: "will shine hid like" Bunch a BS.

• 2 months later...

I got my ecu from Carson Toyota also 135.00 and have a 98 GS400 with susp and other mods, what I noticed after I installed it was it lost the on center sort of dartyness especially in high speed corners as it seems to have sort of slowed the initaial off center movement response a little bit and a slightly more weighted feel, personally I'm happy with the chg...On another note I replaced my D2R headlight bulbs with 8000k bulbs from HIDEXPRESS.com and am very pleased with the lighting now, when I first bought the car used 1 burnt out and the repl bulb was much yellower than the bulbs in it ( not alot just a slight diif I was told would chg with use) well it didn't and now I'm happy with these, they also make kits to chg HB and FOG lights to HID bulbs 399.00 a pair...