Onboard Mileage Display?

Victor

I just purchased a 2002 LX470 about a week and a half ago. It has the Nav unit and everything else available. The one thing I don't see is a mileage indicator for instant and average mileage. Is it just hidden somewhere or could it really be that it doesn't exist? It seems odd that the car can remind me when to buy my wife an anniversery present, but can't tell me how many miles to the gallon I'm getting. Anybody know the answer?

Victor

I just purchased a 2002 LX470 about a week and a half ago.  It has the Nav unit and everything else available.  The one thing I don't see is a mileage indicator for instant and average mileage.  Is it just hidden somewhere or could it really be that it doesn't exist?  It seems odd that the car can remind me when to buy my wife an anniversery present, but can't tell me how many miles to the gallon I'm getting.  Anybody know the answer?

Victor

In my 2004 one, I have it under "INFO" tab then click trip info. Shows instant MPG, cruising range and so on

I think you're right. I've been through the manuals and have worked through every function on the unit and don't see it anywhere. I guess I'm a little anal about gas mileage. More for just informational purposes. I like to track my MPG between every tank. It's always a challenge to see how many MPG I can get from my big beautiful black monster-mobile B) .