What's Wrong With My Engine And Trac?

SC40096

OK, so I was pulling my SC out of my driveway when I suddenly notice the Engine light and the TRAC off light on. I'm taking it for a tune up next week. Before the dealer could tell me that I need I new LSD or something, is there a fuse that perhaps burned out? IF so, where? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Had the TRAC light come on my 93 SC400 around a year ago. Took it to the dealership (in Richmond VA) where they told me I could either get the whole system blown out (at a cost of $400) which probably won't fix the problem, or go in with a new system (at a cost of roughly $1500) :chairshot:

The car has run just fine without TRAC (if you don't mind the light). Let me know what the dealership tells you.

for all of you who seem to have problems with warning lights coming on i would suggest going to your local auto parts store and investing in an obd scanner or for those of you who are 96 and up an obd 2 scanner you will find it very help in seeing whats wrong with your car. you cant always trust the dealer or other place to tell u whats really wrong with your car. they are slightly on the pricey side usually a lil over 100 but its very much worth it and u could always charge your friends that need to use to to make up for the spent money :whistles:

my car is a 92, but im curious as to why it has a diagnostic port on top of the engine. :huh:

you don't need a code reader with a pre '96 Toyota/lexus

The diagnostics port on top of your engine is where you will use a paper clip to jump pins E1 and T1 (I think). you then get in the drivers seat and turn the key to on (but not start).

The check engine light will flash, and pause. Count the flashes and pauses and report back here.... a code 23 will be....

Flash.....flash.....flash.......pause.........then 8 flashes.

To reset the codes, open the fusebox in the engine bay, and remove the EFI fuse for a few minutes. In many cases the SC400 will throw an O2 sensor code if you've been heavy on the gas or had a little bad gas run through it...

you *BLEEP*tin me? i was looking under my dash for that damn te1 and e1! btw, a 23 would be 2 blinks with a .5 sec interval, a 1.5 sec pause, then 3 more blinks with .5 sec intervals. if youre throwing 2 codes, there will be a 2.5 sec pause. so... does anybody have a clue which of the holes are te1 and e1?