Knock Sensors

Does anyone know where the knock sensors are located on a 1999 ES300? Is there a book available that would show the location of all everything under the hood?

The "Lexus Factory Service Manual" will show you the location.......but these manuals are expensive, unless you can find one on eBay.

Knock sensor located in the V bank. You will have to remove the intake manifold to get to it. There are two knock sensor, bank 1 and bank 2. Just curious though, why are we replacing the knock sensor?

JPI

Knock sensor located in the V bank. You will have to remove the intake manifold to get to it. There are two knock sensor, bank 1 and bank 2. Just curious though, why are we replacing the knock sensor?

JPI

I have taken the car to the Lexus dealership and Autozone, and their code readers both came back that the knock sensors needed to replaced. I have notice knocking upon acceleration in the past two months. Just FYI my overdirve was not working properly, and the Lexus dealership said there was a frozen cylinoid on the trany. I replaced the trany at a local shop and the overdrive problem still existed. I have since had the knock sensors replaced and the overdive is working properly again. I have the old transmission, is there anyway I can check to see if there really is a frozen cylinoid? When the dealership gave me this info, how were they able to tell? Does the computer tell them or did they have to do a manual inspection? What recourse if any should I take against the Lexus dearlership?