Front End Rattle

hammo400

I have a faint rattle in the front end when going over sudden shallow depressions in the road or continual small 'ripples' in the pavement.

The rattle is a slight metal clinking and/or that hollow thud, thud I had heard from the rear suspension towers in my '88 Camry.

I had the suspension checked, steering UJ replaced, upper control arms and tie rods replaced, bushings are OK...what could it be ???

The guys at Lexus don't have a clue, and I think I got taken for a new Universal as I took the one removed to another dealer who said it was fine, and at $91.50 per hour, I can't afford their lack of answers.

Hammo400

'91 Lexus LS400

I have a faint rattle in the front end when going over sudden shallow depressions in the road or continual small 'ripples' in the pavement.

The rattle is a slight metal clinking and/or that hollow thud, thud I had heard from the rear suspension towers in my '88 Camry.

I had the suspension checked, steering UJ replaced, upper control arms and tie rods replaced, bushings are OK...what could it be ???

The guys at Lexus don't have a clue, and I think I got taken for a new Universal as I took the one removed to another dealer who said it was fine, and at $91.50 per hour, I can't afford their lack of answers.

Hammo400

'91 Lexus LS400

My car does this as well. I have been advised here that it is my bushings causing it. I do not doubt that, but when I had my car at the Lexus dealer having the vibration problem checked, he assured me that all of the steering components are fine. Strange, because I thought they would have noticed this, but I definitely have that awful, annoying, clunking noise when I hit a bump, with either of the front tires. :wacko:

Shiznit8 Writes:

"i have the same thing on my 96 i can see cracks in the bushings on both

side on the arm that are connected on the lower control arm i have not

replaced mine to see if that would cure the problem. the only other

thing it could be the strut."

I had the same problem and i changed the control arm bushings an no luck. then I changed the struts and still no luck. I finally looked uner the front end an I noticed that my swaybar mount bushings were trashed! I changed them and the noise was gone. i spent 200 bucks in patrs and come to find out it was $15 bushings :censored::censored: So check your swaybar bushigs

Lexx