Which Suv?

LS430

Hi! Im thinking about buying a new suv, and you could tell me what you think the best is out of this list? Here they are:

1. 2003, Range Rover

2. 2003, Cayenne

3. 2004, RX330

4. 2004, FX45

5. 2001, BMW X5

6. 2001, RX300

7. 2003, GX470

Could you also tell me what you think are the most luxious and rides the nice. By the way, money is no object, so dont worry! Thanks!

Hi! Im thinking about buying a new suv, and you could tell me what you think the best is out of this list? Here they are:

1. 2003, Range Rover

2. 2003, Cayenne

3. 2004, RX330

4. 2004, FX45

5. 2001, BMW X5

6. 2001, RX300

7. 2003, GX470

Could you also tell me what you think are the most luxious and rides the nice. By the way, money is no object, so dont worry! Thanks!

well here's my opinion:

03 Range Rover-cheap quality cuz it's owned by Ford

03 Cayenne- saw one on the road dead a couple months ago

04 Rx330-good suv, but you could wait a while to see how the Rx400h will perform

04 Fx45- don't know much about it, seems like a good performance car(i don't like the design)

01 X5-CHEAP CHEAP QUALITY!!!! Talked to someone that says that you buy the car only for good performance, otherwise, everything is cheap quality.

01 Rx300- Very Very good. I would highly recommend!

03 Gx470- REALLY REALLY Recommend becuz the 04 has a new problem that the 03 doesn't have, which is the new KDSS suspension that Lexus included in the 04s, which some 04 Gx owners complained that it causes their Gx to lean to the left. Although in short, the Gx has 3 main defects (even the 04s gots them) but will be easy to fix (just consult with me if you get a GX) because the dealers have already practiced fixing the problems on Gxs like mine!

Well hope that helps!

Oh, ok. Wouldn't recoommend a range rover?

The Range Rover has one thing the other don't:

A solid front axle. This will give you the feeling of a truck. The others have independent front suspensions and will be a little more forgiving in the ride.

Ask yourself, "what am I going to use it for?"

Are you going off roading? Are you going to take it in the back woods, trialriding, on the sand dunes or hill climbing?

If your answer is yes, then look into the torque ratings of the vehicles in question.

Are you going to tow anything with it?

If you question is yes, then look into which one has the better tow packages and load ratings.

What kind of mileage do you expect?

If you are gas conscience then look into the RX400h.

The list could go on.

If it were me, it would be between the Porsche (even though it reminds me of a turtle) and the RX400h.

steviej

infinity qx56 is the :censored: !!!!!!!!!!!

i rode this car and its awesome! and looks awesome!!!!

they did a good job!!!!!

i love lexus but knowing bout the tranny problems etc qx56 is superior and i love the look of it.

What will the SUV be used for? Basically I'm asking if the vehicle will be used for frequent off-roading, mainly highway & city driving? Give us an idea of what you need it for to begin with & that might narrow things down. ;) B)

:cheers:

Agreed! The RX is built on a modified Toyota Camry platform so it will ride more like a car. The GX is a Toyota 4 Runner dipped in gold basically & is built off a truck platform......but why would one spend so much cash to take such a vehicle off road in the first place does not make sense to me to begin with. :blink::unsure: Definately the Lexus though! B)

Agreed! The RX is built on a modified Toyota Camry platform so it will ride more like a car. The GX is a Toyota 4 Runner dipped in gold basically & is built off a truck platform......but why would one spend so much cash to take such a vehicle off road in the first place does not make sense to me to begin with. :blink::unsure: Definately the Lexus though! B)

The GX is NOT based on the 4runner. i know that the stupid consumer reports and other magazines say it is, but it isn't It's based off the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, which has been in the market for a while, in Japan and most Asian countries.

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/l.../2002_10/photo/

Well if you read these brief reviews from several of these very reliable sources, my claim is correct & it's by no means a bad thing. It's a 4 Runner "dipped in gold" B) :whistles:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/lexus/gx47...enav..15.Lexus*

http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/04gx470.htm

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...3&page_number=1

The GX is NOT based on the 4runner. i know that the stupid consumer reports and other magazines say it is, but it isn't It's based off the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, which has been in the market for a while, in Japan and most Asian countries.

Which is based off the same platform as the 4 Runner ;) The ES is sold in Japan as the Toyota Windom which MUCH more closely resembles the ES than the Camry (much as the Prado does the GX), but that doesn't change the fact that the ES is based off of the Camry platform.

If I were buying an SUV today I would buy an Infiniti FX 35 or 45. Great styling, fun to drive, both of them are fast, and they're not rediculously expensive. Lexus doesn't have anything in the SUV line that really appeals to me. The RX is too minivanish, the GX aside from being rushed to production and being plagued with reliability problems is lacking some key features such as xenon lights and has some cheap interior fittings, and the styling looks too tall for me. Plus they have that rediculous rear door that opens on a hinge making it useless if backed into a parking space. The LX470 is old and doesn't have a lot of usable interior space.

As for Range Rover, its not "made by Ford" its owned by Ford. Ford has done an awesome job with captive companies they've bought like Jaguar (Ford took Jaguar from the bottom of the reliability and customer satisfaction shots and put them at the top), Lincoln took a 15 point jump in initial quality and customer satisfaction to BEAT Lexus this year. They've almost tripled Land Rover sales since they purchased it and doubled the reliability ranking. Don't knock Ford nowadays, they're not !Removed! around anymore.

Lexus is a great car, but plenty of other people make great cars too.

The LX470 is old and doesn't have a lot of usable interior space.

i bought a 2003 sanddollar lx470 & it is an older design & for sure has no room under seats & stuff like my 97 tahoe i had before . the mileage is terrible too. but the thing is a beauty to look at & drive. it has a wonderful ride compared to the tahoe & a sequoia i test drove. this is one awesome truck & you dont see many around. i think the reliablility will be excellent too .

I agree sw! ;) Ford has come a long way. I wish ALL car companies paid closer attention to the original tires they put on their models however.....it's pretty much every car maker too! I am trying to take Ford to task with my wife's 03 Focus ZX5. She has Firestone Firehawk GTA-02's & they are actually worse than the Bridgestone Potenza RE 92's! I didn't know that was possible! (well made by the same company however) :blink::rolleyes: Never drove a worse tire even in light rain so I won't even get into snow conditions & she's got ABS & traction control. I hope they might go at least half's with us to get the TPT's....we shall see but I'm not holding my breath.

Which is based off the same platform as the 4 Runner ;) The ES is sold in Japan as the Toyota Windom which MUCH more closely resembles the ES than the Camry (much as the Prado does the GX), but that doesn't change the fact that the ES is based off of the Camry platform.

If I were buying an SUV today I would buy an Infiniti FX 35 or 45. Great styling, fun to drive, both of them are fast, and they're not rediculously expensive. Lexus doesn't have anything in the SUV line that really appeals to me. The RX is too minivanish, the GX aside from being rushed to production and being plagued with reliability problems is lacking some key features such as xenon lights and has some cheap interior fittings, and the styling looks too tall for me. Plus they have that rediculous rear door that opens on a hinge making it useless if backed into a parking space. The LX470 is old and doesn't have a lot of usable interior space.

As for Range Rover, its not "made by Ford" its owned by Ford. Ford has done an awesome job with captive companies they've bought like Jaguar (Ford took Jaguar from the bottom of the reliability and customer satisfaction shots and put them at the top), Lincoln took a 15 point jump in initial quality and customer satisfaction to BEAT Lexus this year. They've almost tripled Land Rover sales since they purchased it and doubled the reliability ranking. Don't knock Ford nowadays, they're not !Removed! around anymore.

Lexus is a great car, but plenty of other people make great cars too.

hmm, funny i heard that all the cars that Ford "owns" has engines that are MADE by Ford but still keeping the same or similar specs of it.

i bought a 2003 >>sand dollar lx470<< & it is an older design & for sure has no room under seats & stuff like my 97 tahoe i had before . the mileage is terrible too. but the thing is a beauty to look at & drive. it has a wonderful ride compared to the tahoe & a sequoia i test drove. this is one awesome truck & you dont see many around. i think the reliablility will be excellent too .

:cheers::cheers: yeah sand dollar pearl, rockon! you wouldn't happen to have problems with the color, would you? you know, the rumors that Sand Dollar Pearl has "Adhesion Problems" which i think is totally not true becuz they made it on the Lx, and they still do for the 04 LX470s! www.lexus.com and build an Lx, Sand Dollar Pearl is still an option. weird they removed it on the Gx, hmmmm :unsure:

hmm, funny i heard that all the cars that Ford "owns" has engines that are MADE by Ford but still keeping the same or similar specs of it.

No ;)

Ford is present at the design meetings on all of the component peices and some units developed for Jaguar, Volvo etc are used in Ford vehicles but all thecar companies Ford owns continue to be run by the same people, built in the same factories, and built to the same standard they've always been. Ford simply provides a backbone, an infusion of cash, and a safety net allowing them to take greater chances and improve quality more than when they had been independent.

No ;)

Ford is present at the design meetings on all of the component peices and some units developed for Jaguar, Volvo etc are used in Ford vehicles but all thecar companies Ford owns continue to be run by the same people, built in the same factories, and built to the same standard they've always been. Ford simply provides a backbone, an infusion of cash, and a safety net allowing them to take greater chances and improve quality more than when they had been independent.

ohhhhh :blink:

The LX470 is old and doesn't have a lot of usable interior space.

i bought a 2003 sanddollar lx470 & it is an older design & for sure has no room under seats & stuff like my 97 tahoe i had before . the mileage is terrible too. but the thing is a beauty to look at & drive. it has a wonderful ride compared to the tahoe & a sequoia i test drove. this is one awesome truck & you dont see many around. i think the reliablility will be excellent too .

Im with you here! And if anybody wants to argue about the reliability of LX 470, just compare the lug nut studs of this baby versus any other lexus/toyota or japanese truck out there and you will get the picture how tough this ride is. B)

This trucks were built to be beaten!!

If your buying you can't go wrong with Lexus. Stay away from Infiniti just for the sheer fact they do not hold value. Wait and see the 05 GX .word is there will be an upgrade in hp and will feature the improved kdss suspension.

If your buying you can't go wrong with Lexus. Stay away from Infiniti just for the sheer fact they do not hold value. Wait and see the 05 GX .word is there will be an upgrade in hp and will feature the improved kdss suspension.

new improved kdss, huh? <_< i guess all those complains about Gxs leaning towards the left has Lexus on their toes right away to change or improve it. lol :lol: