My First Oil Change

td1166

hey everyone i have a quick question. ive had my 94 es for about 4 months now and i put about 4500 miles on the car i was planning changing the oil on my es for the first time. i was just wondering what type of oil should i us 5w-30 or 10w30 also about how many quarts should i use i never recived the owners manual from the previous owner

4.5 quartz. If your under 100k or somewhere in the vicinity stick to the 5W. Doesnt make a difference. 10W they say i think where climates are really really Hot.

ive mixed around. right now i think im just doing 5w. Michigan summer was pathetic this year anyways.

The '94 Owners Manual suggests 5W-30 to have the widest temperature range. It even says the same thing for my '03, but my Lexus dealer claims that they only use 10W-30 for oil changes, year round. I'm in the New York City area and it's very unusual for the temperature to drop below 0 degrees Farenheit so I think that if you use 10W-30 you won't do any damage to your engine. The only difference 5W oil has, it's thinner at very low temperatures, so it makes the cranking easier when the temperature dips to below 0.