General Questions About Es300

IlyaIlya

hey guys i picked up a 97 es300 with 125k , silver, nice car, i ll post pix

i just have some questions, it has this knob, that says sport/luxury, can i twist it while i m driving or ? and does it actually work?

does 97 have memory seats?

and last, when i drive over bumps etc, i hear my suspension squak/bang a little although car rides nice/ and has stiff suspension? any ideas

thanx

Ilya

I also have a 97 Es but mine is black. The ES does have memory seats. Look to the left of the driver's side seat cushin. There are 3 butons saying "set" "2" "1". Those are the memory controls. As far as the knob is concerned. I don't know the correct wording for that feature but it is supposed to adjust the ride from a softer more luxurious ride to a more sporty ride. Many people love that feature on their cars who have them. If you set the knob to the luxury mode it may end the rattling and harsh ride that you are experiencing.

it has this knob, that says sport/luxury, can i twist it while i m driving or ? and does it actually work?

That "knob" is the AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension) control, which essentially adjusts the suspension according to your needs. If you opt for the "sport" mode, the suspension will be lowered, and if you opt for the "luxury" mode, the suspension will be raised. It's certainly a nice optional feature on the ES300 but a rare one too (I don't know anyone around here who has an AVS-equipped ES).

it actually raises and lowers the car?

I was sure it only changed the valving of the shock making it stiffer or softer as raising the vehicle would mean it would need an aircompressor system and air shocks like the old LS's

Il,

I use the autolock on my 01 ES in addition to the factory alarm & engine immobilizer.......it's very easy to use & better than the club as it attaches to the brake pedal instead of the steering wheel! They can cut the steering wheel & steal the car.......short of a forklift or something, they can't cut the brake pedal off now can they? B) & it's the strongest part of the car to boot! ;)

:cheers: