Radio Display Almost Gone!

Hi all. Very new to the lexus club. Just got my first lexus last week ( 97 es300 black on black) but my station display of my radio is bleeding. I Can hardly see LCD. Is that normal and is there a way to fix that?

Can I just change the display/radio or do I have to change the whole headunit?

If I do change the whole headunit, could I put in a newer model headunit like from a 2000 es300??

Would the newer Headunit have a better radio?

I have a CD button on my headunit but It didn't come with a cd player. I really want to improve my system but nothing crazy. Not planning on installing a woofer. I've read in the forum that I should leave the front speakers alone which I plan to do but I want to replace the ones in the back. Any recommendations??

If my car liingo sounds retarded its cause I'm soo new to this so please forgive. I've been up these few days just reading the forum trying to learn about the beautiful lexus and you guys seem great and helpful.

Hey thanks for the part link. But could I change the whole panel, panel with radio and a/c (thought it was called headunit) with a newer model one? Is that all one piece that I could just take off and plug in another one? And if so, would it make sense to do it ( better radio, nicer look). Around my shifter and the ashtray its got the wood grain look but around the radio and a/c the panel is all black. I want the wood grain look all around. How can I do that?? If i'm way off please tell me. :)

Hi all. Very new to the lexus club. Just got my first lexus last week ( 97 es300 black on black) but my station display of my radio is bleeding. I Can hardly see LCD. Is that normal and is there a way to fix that?

Can I just change the display/radio or do I have to change the whole headunit?

If I do change the whole headunit, could I put in a newer model headunit like from a 2000 es300??

Would the newer Headunit have a better radio?

I have a CD button on my headunit but It didn't come with a cd player. I really want to improve my system but nothing crazy. Not planning on installing a woofer. I've read in the forum that I should leave the front speakers alone which I plan to do but I want to replace the ones in the back. Any recommendations??

If my car liingo sounds retarded its cause I'm soo new to this so please forgive. I've been up these few days just reading the forum trying to learn about the beautiful lexus and you guys seem great and helpful.

I have the same problem with my 97 Lexus. There is a 6 disc changer in the glove compartment if you haven't been told that. Mine didn't come with the magazine changer so I went to the Lexus parts dealer and bought one for like 30 dollars. Check and see if you have one, you may have to purchase it. I need to check out the pioneer thing, seems it might be an answer to the radio display problem.

Hey thanks for the part link. But could I change the whole panel, panel with radio and a/c (thought it was called headunit) with a newer model one? Is that all one piece that I could just take off and plug in another one? And if so, would it make sense to do it ( better radio, nicer look). Around my shifter and the ashtray its got the wood grain look but around the radio and a/c the panel is all black. I want the wood grain look all around. How can I do that?? If i'm way off please tell me. :)

The part# I gave ya is just for the LCD display. If you want the woodgrain, it's the whole head unit that has to be replaced. I was quoted something like $1000CDN for the unit! :censored:

Or, you can go here: http://www.exoticwooddash.com

Real wood dash kits.

IN ANSWER TO USING A 2000 ES300 WOODGRAIN FACTORY UNIT IT IS A NEGATIVE. THE ES300 RADIO WENT TO 20 PIN PLUG LIKE ALL EXTERNAL AMPLFIED LEXUS STERES DID IN 2000 . AS TO LCD REPLACEMENT YES ITS QUITE EASY TO CHANGE OVER THE LCD YOURSELF. YOU JUST NEED INSTRUCTIONS ON FACEPLATE REMOVAL . EMAIL ME FOR INFOMATION. ON RELACING THE LCD YOURSELF. PIONEERSUBY@WOH.RR.COM