Gx/lx Tires

hey anyone with an Lx, can u post about how many miles before you replaced ur original tires? cuz i'm estimating around 20-25k, cuz i changed my Rx300 tires around 28k, or does it just depend on the brand of tires? the Rx300 has original Goodyear Integritiy which i said, lasted about 28k. The ones i have on my gx are Michelin Cross Terrains.

I have a 2001 LX470 with just over 30,000 miles on the original Michelins. There is 7/32 left on them. I will replace them when they get down to 5/32.

hmmm i was guessing around 30k becuz these michelins seem to be long life. i just hit the 20k and the tires seem relatively ok still. thanx :cheers:

It really depends on the tires. Some SUV tires have really long life, far longer than those of us used to passenger car tires are used to. I have Michelin LTX M?S on my Explorer, first set went 100k and they had life left in them...

• 3 weeks later...

Not to mention how the tires have been maintained with proper rotations & air pressure. What factors are important to you when shopping for new tires? ie: long treadwear, wet weather traction, off roading etc? :unsure:

:cheers:

well my main thing is: long thread life, good handling, and quiet.

good news though, jst had my 20k checkup, dealer told me i still have 10/32 on my Michelin Cross Terrains! they said the original is 11/32 so i'm still good! I'm sticking with Michelin forever! (comparing the fact that my gx has 10/32 left at 20k with Michelin Cross Terrains, when my Rx300 had more than half way done at 25k, which only had Goodyear Integrity)

The Michelins are definately a good choice but the are pricy. There are ones out there that will give you just as good performance with the comfort & tread life you are looking for for much cheaper.......do a search on tirerack or www.tiretrends.com to see what else is available. The Yokohama Geolander G-051 are an excellent choice as is Toyo Open Country M-410. B)

:cheers: