How To Fix Blackout Needles For Sc300?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...

i jyst sent my clucter to lextech on tuesday. i will post u a pic of what it looks like when its dont. but ive already seen a couple with the color im getting and it looks really good for a great price.

clusterbefore-1.jpg

Does Anyone here know or teach me how to fix my speedometer and tachometer

needles? i have a 92 sc300 mT bought last week and the needles were blackout

:cries:

Ok before you send your cluster to lextech think twice.i send my cluster for them in july they claim it will take 3-5 days to get it fix i did not recieve my cluster after three weeks.and when i got it back i hated the day i ever thought about lextech because i got the cluster back with broken mountings and the job they did was terrible temp gauge was off,speed gauge was off by 7 gas gauge was off so i end up buying another cluster.when you go to their website the only positive reviews they have was date back to 2008 and 2009 so i don't really recomend them.

When you search on ebay you will find out that lextech location is Chattanooga TN but when you go to lextech website it is a different city but in TN.I just checked their web again they have a different shipping adrress be really carefull because there is no refund no warranty or nothing.You will email them and they will respond that is before you buy the service but after they get your money you will email and nobody will even care about writing you back.

If you thing i am wrong just look it up in this forum,i posted a bad review against them and instate of them accepting the fault promise to do better no they became defensive and tells everybody that they are a bunch of jerks who claim to have fixed over five thousand clusters but they only got two or three good reviews dated back to 2006.that answers it all.Good luck

• 1 year later...

Yes, you need a proper signal generator to replace needles. These guys just pull off the old one, and push on the new one and don't bother to find the correct resting position for the gauge. Total hacks man, don't trust them.

Ok before you send your cluster to lextech think twice.i send my cluster for them in july they claim it will take 3-5 days to get it fix i did not recieve my cluster after three weeks.and when i got it back i hated the day i ever thought about lextech because i got the cluster back with broken mountings and the job they did was terrible temp gauge was off,speed gauge was off by 7 gas gauge was off so i end up buying another cluster.when you go to their website the only positive reviews they have was date back to 2008 and 2009 so i don't really recomend them.
When you search on ebay you will find out that lextech location is Chattanooga TN but when you go to lextech website it is a different city but in TN.I just checked their web again they have a different shipping adrress be really carefull because there is no refund no warranty or nothing.You will email them and they will respond that is before you buy the service but after they get your money you will email and nobody will even care about writing you back.
If you thing i am wrong just look it up in this forum,i posted a bad review against them and instate of them accepting the fault promise to do better no they became defensive and tells everybody that they are a bunch of jerks who claim to have fixed over five thousand clusters but they only got two or three good reviews dated back to 2006.that answers it all.Good luck