Will Gs Or Ls-series Wheels Fit On The Es330 ?

don527

hi,

i recently turned in my 2000 es300 plat edition for a 2004 silver es330 for the wife.

i like the car but liked the machined wheels that were on the plat edition over the the current ones on the 04. the 04 wheels finish make the silver on the car look flatter and i think it needs a wheel with a bright silver machined look to bring out the silver paint or maybe a bigger wheel with a better pattern to fill in the wheel wells just a little.

so without going to an aftermarket company, i was wondering if the gs or ls wheels will fit in the es330 without any issues? i know there are different sizes but all of them are a little wider than the ones on the es and might give it a better factory look.

thanks.

Do you know anyone with an LS or GS that would let you try mounting their spare tire on your car? When rotating the tires our 98 Camry V6 and 90 LS one time, for fun, I switched the wheels between the cars and was surprised that it all seemed to work. At least I could not see any offset or clearance issues and the wheels all properly self-centered on the hubs. Both cars used 15 inch wheels and the Camry wheels were 1/2 inch narrower than the LS wheels. I'm not sure if this would work with later model years but it might.

You might try asking SW03ES (or he may showup soon here) - I think he said that his dad has an LS430 and he might know if its wheels will fit his new ES.

The LS430 wheels may fit because its a 17X7.5 wheel (which means the wheel is 7.5 inches wide) but the GS430 rim is a 17X8.0 wheel you can usea 1/4 inch spacer in the rear to make the GS rim fit (thats what i did), personally i think the LS rim might be better because with the spacer you may get vibration in the rear at certain speeds.

I was told by the dealership that all the sedan's lug formations fit with each other. I know a friend that has '02 GS400 rims on his new ES330. They look great! I wanted them on my car, but unfortunately the dealership and the individuals that have them to sell are asking too much for the set. I know you can get aftermarket rims that look almost identical to the GS rims on either tirerack.com or discounttires.com

They will definately fit yes! I've been meaning to do this for a long time, I think that the machined look is better also.

The swap will actually be really cheap, in theory. The ES uses a 215/60R16 tire. The previous versions of the LS use a 225/60R16 tire on a wheel that is .5 in wider than the ES wheel. This shouldn't give you any problems if you want to use the tires that are on the ES now and the car should ride the same. you can, if you want, switch to 225 width tires and that will fill out the wheel wells better. Depending on what tires your ES has they may be pretty pathetic anyways and worth replacing.

Be aware that the LS430 wheels are not machined either so you'll have to stick to older LS400 wheels, 98-00 or 00 Plat. The Plat. wheels from the ES will fit too, but the ones from the GS may need spacers. The Toyota Camry Special Edition has a wheel that is very similar to the ES' wheel but its machined that I've been looking at too. Its exactly the same size as the ES' wheel so it would be a direct fit, and the center caps are interchangable so you could replace the Toyota ones with your Lexus ones.

Check out ebay, the wheels are always on there and you can sell yours again after you swap them.