Turn Signal Bulbs

cmoore1353

:( Has anyone had to have their turn signal (which is also the park lights) bulbs replaced yet? I have had to have my left one replaced twice already. As I was driving into work this week, I started really paying attention to other GX's and I noticed two this week alone where there left turn signal was out.

I called the headquarters and asked if there has been a recall or something. I was told no, that since this bulb is used for park lights and turn signals, they may go out quicker. I guess I must turn left more than I do right....but something doesn't seem right to me.

Help!!

:( Has anyone had to have their turn signal (which is also the park lights) bulbs replaced yet? I have had to have my left one replaced twice already. As I was driving into work this week, I started really paying attention to other GX's and I noticed two this week alone where there left turn signal was out.

I called the headquarters and asked if there has been a recall or something. I was told no, that since this bulb is used for park lights and turn signals, they may go out quicker. I guess I must turn left more than I do right....but something doesn't seem right to me.

Help!!

sorry bro! i dont think they'll recall something very minor. had mine replaced once (left also). huh, wonder why u see those chevy ventures running with only one DRL left, and any other car that uses the signla light as the DRL. oh well! not unless u know how to hook up the DRL to the bright bulbs, this is something Lexus won't recall. :chairshot: :chairshot:

:( Has anyone had to have their turn signal (which is also the park lights) bulbs replaced yet? I

the turn signal is also the running light (park light is the one right smack in the middle, right next to the signal light) ;)

Help!!

:( I have a 2003 GX470 with less than a year on it and my left turn signal, (day running light), burned out. I brought it back to Lexus and the service manager told me that it have been an on going problem with the GXs. I hope they find the reason for the early burn outs...

Other than the light problem, the GX has been fine.

:(  Has anyone had to have their turn signal (which is also the park lights) bulbs replaced yet?  I have had to have my left one replaced twice already.  As I was driving into work this week, I started really paying attention to other GX's and I noticed two this week alone where there left turn signal was out.

I called the headquarters and asked if there has been a recall or something.  I was told no, that since this bulb is used for park lights and turn signals, they may go out quicker.  I guess I must turn left more than I do right....but something doesn't seem right to me.

Help!!

:( I have a 2003 GX470 with less than a year on it and my left turn signal, (day running light), burned out. I brought it back to Lexus and the service manager told me that it have been an on going problem with the GXs. I hope they find the reason for the early burn outs...

maybe they burn out easily becuz the DRL is also the turn signal, which of course we have to use, so it puts so much stress on that one bulb (for each side). look at the other lexus vehicles, haven't seen an Rx, Lx(01s and newer),Ls,Es(some models),Gs,Is,Sc, with burned out DRLs, becuz their DRLs (for some that are equipped with them) are the bright light bulb (which of course we rarely use becuz it's illegal to drive with bright lights at night).

:(  Has anyone had to have their turn signal (which is also the park lights) bulbs replaced yet?  I have had to have my left one replaced twice already.  As I was driving into work this week, I started really paying attention to other GX's and I noticed two this week alone where there left turn signal was out.

I called the headquarters and asked if there has been a recall or something.  I was told no, that since this bulb is used for park lights and turn signals, they may go out quicker.  I guess I must turn left more than I do right....but something doesn't seem right to me.

Help!!

maybe they burn out easily becuz the DRL is also the turn signal, which of course we have to use, so it puts so much stress on that one bulb (for each side). look at the other lexus vehicles, haven't seen an Rx, Lx(01s and newer),Ls,Es(some models),Gs,Is,Sc, with burned out DRLs, becuz their DRLs (for some that are equipped with them) are the bright light bulb (which of course we rarely use becuz it's illegal to drive with bright lights at night).

Help!!

Help!!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

My bulb went out on my 04 gx and I was playing around with it trying to get the bulb out with no luck. I later used my truck and found that the left turn signal was now working. About 4 days later it was not working again and to boot i notice my cruise control was not working as well.....

Anyone else having problems with cruise control not working? I have used my cruise control 4 times at most. :chairshot: Bad Lexus, bad.

Help!!

I have had the same problem. At least twice on both sides. I spoke with the service manager and he confirmed that Lexus has a problem with the coating on the bulb. There is now a replacement bulb and I haven't had any further problems since they were both replaced.

• 2 weeks later...