Ect

Travieso~13

its like and OD button but it doesnt trn the 4th gear off. what it does its it makes your tranny switch at higher rpms, thus making the car more repoonsive but burning more fuel.

Travieso~13 - this is one of my previous posts from a little while back. hint: searching the site can answer so many questions.

ECT power button: when it is switched to "power", the transmission chooses the best shift point with the most HP and torque depending on how much gas you are giving it. with "power" selected, the transmission will also downshift sooner than it would in normal when giving it more gas, for passing and the like. most people think all this switch does is make it shift at a higher RPM. the tranny will shift at a higher RPM with it in "power" but a better explaination is stated above. this is supposed to give a more "sporty" driving experience. however, it doesn't matter if this switch is "normal" or "power" when giving full throttle. your tranny should always shift right around 6k RPMs.

I have had several different cars with this switch and whether in "POWER" or "ECONOMY" mode, I can tell no difference, but then again- I never take my car past 4000 RPMS. Normally 3000 is the maximum I push on my LS400. I do actually think the highest I have ever had it was about 4400 RPMs- when I had to accelerate quickly off of the interstate entry ramp. I was amazed at the power. Made me want to race it that high all of the time, :P but I dont. <_< The only times I took it over 4OOO RPMS- it was in standard modes.

Someone on the other Lexus site a while back said that they raced the engine in their 95 LS400 to 7500 RPM's, :blink:, but I would think this would destroy the engine, unless the 95+ has a higher redline, but I doubt it is that high.

I played with the E C T button in my car and noticed no difference at all. Even with it in normal it shifts at 6 grand under throttle. It does look kind of cool having the power light on though.

I've noticed something strange in my car. When im at a complete stop and accelerate full throtle, my car goes but when it reaches a lil over 5k rpm, it kinda jerks and remains at about 5k rpm until it goes into next gear. Also i was on the freeway and i gunned it going about 45mph, and again the rpm shot up but when it hit 5k rpm it kinda stalled, and stayed @ that until it shifeted to next gear. Any suggestions on what that might be, or whats causing it to happen????

Thanks guys.

That is strange. I know mine will go right to 6 grand before it shifts. Since the computer controls the shifting I'm not sure why it hangs at 5 grand. Does it do this in all gears?