91 Ls Subwoofer Replace W/ After Mkt Sub

j4649

My 91 LS's 8" subwoofer has blown. so I am thinking to replace with aftermarket 8" sub. Is there any suggesions? if someone has done, please let me know how's sound? anybody know how much power original amp for sub has?

I think the factory amp is only 15 wt or so...... Make sure you get an open air style or it won't sound good. If you put too much power to the speaker with an external amp it will rattle your back deck lid and sound like crap! Look into other options at a sound insaller to see whats best for your needs. See ya! :P

• 1 year later...
My 91 LS's 8" subwoofer has blown. so I am thinking to replace with aftermarket 8" sub. Is there any suggesions? if someone has done, please let me know how's sound? anybody know how much power original amp for sub has?

Is your sub blown or torn?? Does it still bump to the music or does it not respond at all? Would you be interested in shipping it to me if it is torn?? (I would pay for shipping)

Lance