"gum" Remover?

this is my story, when i was in vegas, i parked my gx outside the hotel. came back with gum on my stepboard, thought about it, and figured that by the way it was on my stepboard, someone has used it as a "Shoe Gum Cleaner" :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: now i'm having a hard time removing the gum in between the grooves of the stepboard. any suggestions?? someone told me put an ice cube and let it melt on it, didn't work (made it worse cuz when water dries up on the steboard, it turns white).

~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

Tar Removal:

Although its main use is the removal of road tar from the vehicle paint surface, being a solvent it can dissolve a variety of oil and petroleum based products. It's safe to use on all types of paint, plastics, synthetic fibres, carpet and upholstery. If used on vehicle paintwork re-apply a protecterant after use.

Other uses - it will dissolve chewing gum and adhesives. Use to de-tar wheel rims after cleaning, will also remove shoe scuffmarks from vinyl trim, and can be used to remove resinous tree sap or fuel stains from paint surfaces.

PS: Ice will remove gum from fabric (seats, carpets but does not work on 'hard' surfaces)

~ Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

Tar Removal:

Although its main use is the removal of road tar from the vehicle paint surface, being a solvent it can dissolve a variety of oil and petroleum based products. It's safe to use on all types of paint, plastics, synthetic fibres, carpet and upholstery. If used on vehicle paintwork re-apply a protecterant after use.

Other uses - it will dissolve chewing gum and adhesives. Use to de-tar wheel rims after cleaning, will also remove shoe scuffmarks from vinyl trim, and can be used to remove resinous tree sap or fuel stains from paint surfaces.

PS: Ice will remove gum from fabric (seats, carpets but does not work on 'hard' surfaces)

~ Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

oh, ok, thanx! I nvr knew that Tar Remover can remove it. Yeah someone told me that an ice cube should do it, which didnt and just made another marking (which duhhh, i should have known from past car washes! :censored: ). aight, thanx again!

• 2 weeks later...