Sc400 Turbo Possibilites?

I keep reading about SC300 owners swapping out or upgrading to turbo engines. I have yet to read about someone with a 400 doing so. is there any particulars why the 300 is more common? I've been a 400 owner for a about a month now and im trying to get some ideas for performance uprgrades besides the common normally aspirated engine mods. any info would be appreciated. also, i've been looking for rims but its hard to get a good idea what kind of rims would look good. any pics of rims installed on an SC would be great. --geoff--

The SC400 engine 1UZFE has different engine mounts on the chassis. To swap a whole engine in it would be a lot of custom work, and generally regarded as too expensive. SC300 guys already have the 2JZ-GE (N/T supra) engine and find it much easier to swap in a turbo/engine due to the similarities in the supra.

As for performance modifications.. the 1UZFE is a very potent engine and a pretty good platform to begin with. Besides for being normally aspirated most 400 guys go with a supercharger, or a twin turbo setup, the latter of these being highly expensive.

Personally, a very overlooked performance mod that can be had for quite cheap would be nitrous, lots of facts and myths are thrown around about nitrous, but if used correctly will put no more wear on an engine than a turbocharger would, and would cost about 1/5 of the price.

As for pictures of rims... do a search on the internet... there's more lexus forums out there, and a couple even have galleries.

Tommy.

I've got a 400 too and I spent about a week pouting and wishing I would have gotten the 300. Then I got more involved in my search for performance for the 1UZFE. There are a few options out there. You can order a Supercharger kit from an Aussie fella (Planetsoarer.com). He says the kit will increase power by at least 30% running 5.5psi. You can also Stroke and Bore your 1UZFE to a 5.5 and maybe supercharge from there. When I save up the money I think I will do that, Bore and Stroke to a 5.5 and then Supercharge. Should put up some good competition to the turbo 300's out there.

Should put up some good competition to the turbo 300's out there.

Now that's what I like to hear!

You can sleeve the block and use a Tundra crank to get to 4.9 litres, the blower from Peter's site hasn't been run on a U.S. car yet and does not have the engine management issues sorted for you, Jim McFarland has twin turbo'd the 1UZ but produced dismal power and the kit is overpriced. Sound Performance will be turbocharging an SC400 soon and I can assure you the results will be impressive.

SC40096....anytime you're ready man :P

Here is my latest project. This is for myself only.. not for product or anything like that..... just want to have tire burning feel. Its just being tag right now and will take the header to a professional for TIG weld, then ceramic coating, installation and few other exhaust pipes... From my personal experience, its easier to turbo charge a LS then the SC. The SC steering rack takes lots of room in the driver side.....

My friend Ryan from Florida is working on his DIY Single Turbo SC400. I am helping him out via phone and emails. www.anderson-audio.com did a custom build twin turbo SC430. I visited the shop in Altanta Georgia and met Chris Anderson and kept intouch with him. They dynoed the beast. 605 rwhp with 15 psi. That is awesome... 605 rwhp will take a smaller motor like the 3.0 at least 20 psi or so.. every thing being equal... bigger cubic does have advantages.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

Should put up some good competition to the turbo 300's out there.

Now that's what I like to hear!

You can sleeve the block and use a Tundra crank to get to 4.9 litres, the blower from Peter's site hasn't been run on a U.S. car yet and does not have the engine management issues sorted for you, Jim McFarland has twin turbo'd the 1UZ but produced dismal power and the kit is overpriced. Sound Performance will be turbocharging an SC400 soon and I can assure you the results will be impressive.

SC40096....anytime you're ready man :P

wait a minute, you can swap in a 2uzfe crank without any problems?

Personally, a very overlooked performance mod that can be had for quite cheap would be nitrous, lots of facts and myths are thrown around about nitrous, but if used correctly will put no more wear on an engine than a turbocharger would, and would cost about 1/5 of the price.

bingo. 75hp for $500 if you go with zex. im planning on getting a dry kit from zex but only shooting 55 though.