Help Installing New Lights In My Es300

Hey new owner here

I recently bought these new front signal bulbs. They're called Silver Xtreme Bulbs, has anyone else purchased or installed these yet? I purchased them from lexidus.com but they don't have an install guide yet for the ES. A buddy of mine got them for the IS300 and it looked good but we can't seem to figure out how to install them on the my ES. Its a simple bulb replacement but I don't want to mess around with my car without knowing what i'm tring to do.

Any help would be great thanks

Hey Lexus4Life

I've got those bulbs installed in my car just a few days ago. I own an IS300 though. I wouldn't call myself a car guy, hell, I'm actually just a computer dood. I was pretty afraid of doing anything to the car, especially since it's my parents. heheh, I don't know if they noticed the difference yet, haven't said anything. Looks definitely better though!

Anyway, installing the rear signals were relatively easy, all I did was pop the plugs, unscrew, lift our the rear signals, twisted the signal housing and replaced the bulb.

The front was much more difficult. I had to ask these guys on another forum how to install those cause getting to the front was retardedily difficult. I had my first removal of front bumper and stuff experience there. Learned quite a bit about ripping the front portion of my car apart.

Anyway, before I started asking for help I proded around a bit, front signals were impossible to prod around. But the rear signals I could do on my own.

I have a friend that owns an older ES, I think 2000/2001. I can take a look at his front signals to see if it's easy.

....but we can't seem to figure out how to install them on the my ES. Its a simple bulb replacement but I don't want to mess around with my car without knowing what i'm tring to do. Any help would be great thanks.....

you may get more help if you provide us with the year of you ES as both parking/fog/and headlight bulb replacements differ for the each generation of the ES.

also, when in doubt, use the search function, as there have been numerous threads explaining how to replace particular bulbs. Some threads even have pictures.

steviej

• 3 weeks later...

on the 97-01 ES300's w/o HIDs - take out the one philips head screw holding the turn signal lens on to the headlight, and slide the lens forward towards the front of the car with some pressure applied, and the lens will pop out - allowing you to change the bulb.

I changed my 98 ES300 to factory Lexus HIDs for about $325.00 - highly recommended mod that dramatically increases light output and night visibility.