Aftermarket Tailights...do They Exist?

good luck, I asked local "manufacturer" of these tailights which had no business name and was told "there is not enough demand for them to warrant manufacturing"

I was like wtf ? you make them for those rice hondas, holdens, fords and everything else but no loyalty is done to toyota ? I was *BLEEP*ed when I heard this, they should pay respect first to the company that invented them !

Ooops sorry, let me elaborate, OZ=australia

Well there's two ways you can go about it,

buy those available on clearcorners.com or if your lucky and have '94 taillights just remove the colored reflectors from the inside then buy some LED type socket lights, grind the heads to disperse the light better reassemble and voila! clear lights with colored brake/indicators.

no, reason being is there is a different wireing harners for the 95 then the 00. you can more than likley get a conversion so you can use them, from where i dont know. what i would do is take the exsisting wireing harnes, then find one from a newer car and see what the difference is. it shouldnt be too different, but give it a try and tell me how it goes!

actually I believe the work around for it is to place a resister on the mains power to the taillights then just adapting it to suit, don't quote me on this, I read it somewhere on how to fit 95+ tailights on pre'95 models.

you can upgrade your 95 tail lights to 97+ only thing will be that the turn signal will blink as if it were on steroids. i believe you'll need a resistor to help with that problem.

and yes tail lights can be smoked out, but i really doubt it will look good, especially on the 97+ tail lights. maybe on the 92-94, and maybe on the 95-96, but please do not smoke out the 97's. good luck.

I remember asking the same question a a long while ago. If memory serves me correct, glass headlights do exist...but i'm afraid you will pay MORE than an arm and a leg for them.

Not my taste personally...I just buff down the plastic headlights, apply some 3M polish and they look like glass...MAYBE BETTER!

well i got my 97 tails blacked out so to speak i came up with a good way of doing it and it looks nice all i did was go to the same place i had my windows tinted at and asked them to put some really dark tint on them they did it for free just to see what it looked like and came out great