Anyone Know? Lexus And Bluetooth Technology

Has anyone connected up their phone with this car?

I purchased a ES330 in May, it has the Nav system and Levinson sound installed from Manufacturer. I was told it was ready for Bluetooth phones, which meant that I could be hands free with my car. My cell carrier is Verizon, and just now announced an adapter for my Motorola T 730 model of phone.

My Lexus manual does not mention anything about phones and connecting up, or remote dialing. The Nav manual is equally silent about using cell phones and remote dialing, etc.

Can someone please let me know what i need to do to get the phone to work in the car. Is there a sequence of operations? I would appreciate any help I can get. I am expecting the adapter in a few days.

Thanks,

Alan

• 3 months later...

Lexus is apparently only certifying a select few phones. This means if you are a Sprint subscriber - you get a choice of 1 Sony Ericsson phone - the T608. You have to order the phone from Lexus or Letstalk.com. Lexus has done an exclusive with Sony so that you can't buy the phone from Sprint. If you have a different carrier than Sprint - go to http://lexus.letstalk.com to find out what might work. After looking into it further - it looks like Lexus has certified approximately 6 phones in total across all carriers. I've read in other blogs where a select few phones not certified by Lexus may work to varying degrees but with no support from Lexus. If you don't buy one of the "Lexus" phones you're on your own at this point - at least that's what the Lexus customer service has told me.

• 7 months later...
I have a Blackberry 7100t and can't get the phonebook to download.  I was told is was not possible so is there a way to enter names into the phone book manually?

You can't enter names, only numbers manually. The way that you do it is by dialling from the car and then using the outgoing log to set your one-touch dials. In otherwords, you can only have 17 numbers.

I have not tried it but it should be possible if you have a notebook computer w/ blutooth capability. As I understand it, the phone number transfer is only a VCF file - most email & contact programs allow you to export VCF files so you can probably put several of them is one directory/folder in the PC then BT them as a group.

I have a Blackberry 7100t and can't get the phonebook to download.  I was told is was not possible so is there a way to enter names into the phone book manually?