Modifying Quench Area

zhagg

Anybody have detailed information about modifying the quench areas on the 1UZFE head to lower compression ratio? I understand the concept, but the details escape me. I haven't opened up a 1UZ engine and would like to read up on it before getting started.

He probably wants to lower compression to add a turbo or a supercharger, and crank up the boost. The lower the compression on a turbo car.. the more boost you can run before pre-detonation. :D

Honestly before modifying the quench areas, I'd rather get a thicker headgasket, or lower compression pistons, I think they make them... but dont quote me I'm not too familiar with the 1UZFE.

Thanks for the replies! I sorta wanted to stay away from the thicker gaskets since it'll change the location of my intake manifold mounting points... Since it's a V8 and all... I'll prboly just be careful and run boos ton the stock compression ratio or if anything, I'll go with dished, forged pistons. Hopefully it won't be too tough to find a decent set...

Did you buy your SC400 yet? If not I'd suggest getting an SC300 if you like turbos :-)

A 1 or 2 mm thicker head gasket wouldn't really compromise your Intake manifold mounting points.

What kind of setup are you going to do? Supercharger or Turbo?