I Need Shocks

I was looking into putting a set of Koni shocks on my SC400, but found that they dont make a set for the SC's. I called Koni and they verified this. However, the Koni guy did say that someone had told him that the Supra Konis were interchangable with the SC400. He was just not positive. Has anyone here tried the Supra Konis on an SC? Also what are considered the best shocks for the SC400? Thx.

All supra shocks/struts fit the SC's.

The fronts fit fine, but when using rear shocks, you have to use springs made for the supra.

Alot of SC'ers upgrade to stock supra TT suspension and are happy with it.. adding in the supra suspension lowers your car a bit too (about .5 inches) and still gives you good ride quality.

As for upgrading suspension... I'm still looking for the best setup for me too. I'm probably going to go with the KYB adjustables with Eibach springs.

Tommy.

• 11 months later...
I was looking into putting a set of Koni shocks on my SC400, but found that they dont make a set for the SC's. I called Koni and they verified this. However, the Koni guy did say that someone had told him that the Supra Konis were interchangable with the SC400. He was just not positive. Has anyone here tried the Supra Konis on an SC? Also what are considered the best shocks for the SC400? Thx.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and have a few questions. Instead of piggy up the forum and starting my own thread, thought I just add onto this one.

I've read on intellextual.net that the Supra MKIV suspension works on the SC. What I wanted to know for sure is that if I were to purchase the KYB AGX adjustable struts for the supra it will fit my SC. AGX does not make adjustables for the SC, only GR-2.

This whole ordeal started when I purchased the NA Supra Eibach Pro-Kit springs which dropped the car 1.5 front and 1.0 rear (I don't like the even 1.0 inch drop for the eibachs meant for the SC). I read I had to change out ONLY the rear struts of the SC for the supras in order for the springs to work (apparently the front strut are the same?).

I just need confirmation before I buy the KYBs. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, which struts have a stiffer ride, KYB AGX or Tokico Illumina?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and have a few questions. Instead of piggy up the forum and starting my own thread, thought I just add onto this one.

I've read on intellextual.net that the Supra MKIV suspension works on the SC. What I wanted to know for sure is that if I were to purchase the KYB AGX adjustable struts for the supra it will fit my SC. AGX does not make adjustables for the SC, only GR-2.

This whole ordeal started when I purchased the NA Supra Eibach Pro-Kit springs which dropped the car 1.5 front and 1.0 rear (I don't like the even 1.0 inch drop for the eibachs meant for the SC). I read I had to change out ONLY the rear struts of the SC for the supras in order for the springs to work (apparently the front strut are the same?).

I just need confirmation before I buy the KYBs. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, which struts have a stiffer ride, KYB AGX or Tokico Illumina?

You have to replace the springs & struts from Supra at one time. Supra struts & SC springs don't fit. Your researched www.intellexual.net has mentioned that. If you don't like the even look come from the springs, you can start cutting 1/2 front coil up to 1 coil of the springs to make the front lower. While cutting, water the springs after a few cuts so they won't be overheated & sagged. Be sure that after cutting, the springs' height is still longer than the struts so it still can have tension and not bottom out. I've been doing this for years without any problem, even in racing. On my SC400, I did this with a set of Tanabe springs and blue Tokicos.

hey steve, thanks for the reply. i understand that i need to get supra struts to fit supra springs (for the rear at least). i wanted to know if supra struts will fit onto the sc.

and i quote from intellextual.net...

"Ony thing you must consider when shopping for Supra lowering spring packages: you must swap the entire strut-spring assembly from the Supra rear end, not just the springs. Meaning if you purchase Eibach Supra Prokits, you must also purchase Supra-compatible strut shocks, because the rear strut perch on the Supra sets lower than the rear strut perch on the SC. If you attempt a Lexus shock with a Supra spring, you will actually lift the rear end of the car higher than stock. The front struts are the same on both cars however. You have the option of buying the OEM Supra shocks (cheapest), or aftermarket Tokico, KYB, etc shocks. "

it says yes it will fit the sc but i need someone else to confirm with what this website says correct. please help, i want to remove my nasty fender gap.

SH

GO WITH TEIN ADJUSTABLE IF YOU INTENT TO INCREASE HORSE POWER AND INSTALL A DRAGON TORQUE CONVETER