Got Replcmnt Key Without Reprogramming

Well I purchased an 01 lex gs 300 came with 1 key. The non lexus dealer said for 100 bucks they could get me a referbushed key and a valet key. So I said go for it. Without them ever touching my master key or my car they DID IT. I pulled up on saturday they handed me two keys and they both worked. The car and the master were in my posestion the entire time. How did they do it????? I was under the understand that it was impossible to have a key made to my vehicle without the master. They say they will give me the website to the place got the key from. :blink:

great thread! i'd like to know how they did it as well and the website of the company that can do that. i only have one key for my 98 gs3 and need to get another before something bad happens. i feel like i'm living on borrowed time with only 1 key. :o

I'm still saying it's not possible. Unless, by some electrical magic, they disabled the immobilizer system in your car. That would take some doing though. Hey, let's see that website!

Incidentally, these magic keys. Besides opening the doors, do they start the car?

ok here is what i have found out this web site they are referring to is http://www.streetkeys.com phone number is 866-289-5397 here is what there website says......Your vehicle's Engine Control Unit (a device that approves or denies engine ignition based on the key you use) must be replaced or reprogrammed in order to add new keys. Our affiliate will remove your ECU and either replace it or reprogram it, and this may take up to a few days.

Your key blank(s) will be cut by code when no working keys are present. The cut key(s) will be sent to our local affiliate who will activate the key(s). The key(s) will be activated & given to you only after proof of ownership has been established. You must present our affiliate with your current registration and driver license to prove ownership. Otherwise, the key(s) will be sent back to us & no refund will be given for the cost, shipping, or code-cutting of the keys, and no refund will be given for replacement or repgramming of the ECU

......now when i called my dealer and told them that street keys said that they would need the master key to program the new key....and I need an invoice showing you paid for this key..they said we will give you back your money and come pick up your check tonight.....so what does that say...the dealer had the second set of keys to my car the entire time and was trying to make an extra 100 bucks if there ever prove invoice..I will let you all know.... :cheers:

Hi all, Well I went down to the dealer and they gave me back my check....I told them if they come up with an invoice I will give them back the check.....I can't imagine they would give back the check if they had actually paid for the keys or if it was true. I wanted so bad to believe them and have hope that there was away around the ecu..thanks all :chairshot: