Ls400 Battery

LWR

I've got a 97 LS400 that the battery,a new AC Delco, keeps going flat in.There is no warning,the car can be driven one day without a problem and the next,the battery is as flat as a tack. I have had the battery checked and it's fine and I've had the LS checked twice and everything is fine there too.Nothing seems to be left on,no doors are left open etc.I had a little spark at the terminal when I reconnected after recharging but that is all.

I have equipped most of our cars with the Delco batteries and I am very happy with them up to now.

Any help would be appreciated!

once the battery is drained completely you have to replace it, there is no going back, it will not hold the charge. replace it with a new one and if after that the new one will die then you might have a shortage somewhere.

It is a simple matter for any good mechanic to determine if there is a draw on the battery with the car shut off. Once that is confirmed, the circuit that has the draw on it can be identified by pulling the fuses in turn until the draw is gone. That will narrow it down enough to indicate which component may be responsible.

The battery can be load tested after it is recharged to see if it is OK. If it passes a load test, it is OK.

Thanks for your replies! I got the AC Delco supplier to load test the battery and it's fine so I got my mechanic to check the car again and it's fine too.Nothing dramatic is drawing.He said it's close to perfect,which is what I'd expect.

It would have to be an alarm,or a door open to kill a battery that quick,I would have thought.

Thanks for your replies! I got the AC Delco supplier to load test the battery and it's fine so I got my mechanic to check the car again and it's fine too.Nothing dramatic is drawing.He said it's close to perfect,which is what I'd expect.

It would have to be an alarm,or a door open to kill a battery that quick,I would have thought.

I would change the battery it can have a shorted cell periodically moving it can unshort it thus a good test battery is still bad i have experienced this 3 times over last twenty years.

Thanks for the advice.Everyone over here says the battery will come up as new with a slow 24HR charge but I'm not so sure.

How do you guys find the AC Delco sealed batteries over there?