Bluetooth Questions

pemarsh

I will be getting my new bluetooth verizon phone in september, and I have some questions.

How is the quality of the sound, when speaking and listening?? Can you hear everything ok, and can your party on the other line hear everything ok??

Also, I see that the manual more or less states that no call can me made while moving...does anyone have a way around this? If not, this is a major downfall of the Lexus bluetooth system, in my opinion.

Has anyone heard about the verizon wireless motorola v710 having a fix for the audible incoming call ringer problem??

Has anyone found any specific places in the lx470 that if you put your cell there, the bluetooth wont work (glove compartment, center console, etc)??

Anyone's opinions are more than welcome about any other aspect of bluetooth too please...

I personally have the Motorola v600 and the ringing works fine. I have tested it out and can walk about 20 feet away from my car and it works fine. I tried your idea and placed my cell phone all over my car and it worked fine. I even put it in the spare tire compartment and still had no problems. I also have the problem of importing my phonebook over, but hopefully within the next few months that will be solved. As far as clarity, I have never had a problem other than it picking up a lot of outside noise...it is almost impossible to drive w/ the windows down and talk on the bluetooth system, even driving slowly. Other than that I think it is a great system. Yes it is a downfall about not being able to dial while driving...the only numbers you can dial on the system while driving is the last dialed number, which isn't even the last call from your phone, but the last number dialed from the system.

Another annoying issue for me at least is when the phone is dialing, there is no sound. Like I said I have the v600 so I don't know if the v710 has the same problem, but when the call is dialing out, there is just silence and it has a slight delay between the party answering, and the microphone activating.

Instead of getting the v710 I think I'm going to hold off a little longer and get the Motorola RAZR V3 when it comes out...hopefully all these issues will be addressed by the time it comes out.

-George L.

razr v3---looks very cool, but do you know if that will work with Verizon??

Glad to hear about your experiences with lexus bluetooth...they sound positive for the most part.

I'm not sure if it will work w/ verizon but you can check for updates at the web page:

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/...html?flash=true

I used to be w/ Verizon but wasn't really happy w/ the customer service they provided. I switched to Cingular and found out recently that Cingular bought AT&T Wireless so in about 5 or 6 months they will be merged with will hopefully further enchance the coverage and reception.

Also, I see that the manual more or less states that no call can me made while moving...does anyone have a way around this? If not, this is a major downfall of the Lexus bluetooth system, in my opinion.

In regards to that I'm sure it is something similar to the DVD fix, if not the same thing...I am asking around so when I find out more I'll let you know...I want to install a toggle switch that lets me see DVD while driving and switch to my backup camera when not in reverse.

I will be getting my new bluetooth verizon phone in september, and I have some questions.

How is the quality of the sound, when speaking and listening?? Can you hear everything ok, and can your party on the other line hear everything ok??

Has anyone heard about the verizon wireless motorola v710 having a fix for the audible incoming call ringer problem??

Has anyone found any specific places in the lx470 that if you put your cell there, the bluetooth wont work (glove compartment, center console, etc)??

Anyone's opinions are more than welcome about any other aspect of bluetooth too please...

There is a guy that is called the bypass doctor (search this forum) he has a device that allows you to use the DVD and Nav system, I bet the phone would work too while moving.

Some things to keep in mind while using bluetooth:

http://www.wordspy.com/words/bluejacking.asp

http://www.bluejackq.com/whatisbluejacking.asp

http://www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=226

I am not recommending against using bluetooth devices but I would certinaly keep this information in mind when using this exciting new technology.

• 4 weeks later...