Exhaust System - No One Said It Would Be Easy

Ok,

I've just spent the better part of the morning and afternoon wrestling with my exhuast system. I'm a fairly big and strong guy and for the life of me I could not get the bolts that connect the exhaust pipe flange to the muffler inlet flange to budge. Liquid Wrench? Nope! PB Blaster? I don't think so. Grenade? I'll try that next. Seriously though it's either get an impact wrench or use a dremmel tool to cut through the bolts themselves. Good thing the L-Tuned exhaust came with hardware! Anyone attempting to do this work themselves should be prepared for this contingency. The bolts are easy enough to get to but you might need Mr. Schwarzenegger's arms to remove them. I'm just expressing some frustration here in the hopes that it would make me feel better. It did. A little bit anyway. Now where did I put that dynamite...?

Ok,

I've just spent the better part of the morning and afternoon wrestling with my exhuast system. I'm a fairly big and strong guy and for the life of me I could not get the bolts that connect the exhaust pipe flange to the muffler inlet flange to budge. Liquid Wrench? Nope! PB Blaster? I don't think so. Grenade? I'll try that next. Seriously though it's either get an impact wrench or use a dremmel tool to cut through the bolts themselves. Good thing the L-Tuned exhaust came with hardware! Anyone attempting to do this work themselves should be prepared for this contingency. The bolts are easy enough to get to but you might need Mr. Schwarzenegger's arms to remove them. I'm just expressing some frustration here in the hopes that it would make me feel better. It did. A little bit anyway. Now where did I put that dynamite...?

If the bolts have been one the vehicle for a while it is going to take some elbow to get them off. If you are using a wrench, try and find a pipe that the wrench handel would fit in. by doing this you will have an better chane of getting the bolts off. The pipe extend the wrech cause a greater surface to power ratio. Good luck..

I changed my exhuast myself too and I remember when I was trying to loosen those bolts.. What I did was use a long socket wrench, when I was going at it I remember it felt like something was gonna break.. But I kept on pulling and bamm it started to move.. Just keep at it and if all else fails get someone to hold the socket or wrench in place and try to push it with you foot.. I know that'll work... Goodluck if you haven't got it off already.. Oh, one more thing.. After your finished take some pics and share them with us...