Lexus Center Cap Logo

lynhnn

Is this also authentic lexus logo for wheel center cap?

It doesn't look like the Lexus logo, so I would say it's fake. Looks more like a "7" if you turn it upside down.

Mike

The second one is an imitation Lexus logo. You see them a lot on aftermarket Lexus chrome wheels because the chroming company can't use the Lexus symbol. Toyota is INCREDIBLY strict about unauthorized usage of their symbols.

I bought 4 logos on EBay for my center caps, and the ones shown on your attachments are identical. The same indentions in the same area shows that they are real. I do caution, however, that when I bought the logos from E Bay, they did not QUITE fit my Gen 1 Lexus wheel covers. I had to put a tiny break in the logos to allow them to fit correctly..

I think that buying on E Bay is like buying from Ho Chi Minh-He's got your money, he's dead, and you may or may not be screwed. Best of luck.

I think that buying on E Bay is like buying from Ho Chi Minh-He's got your money, he's dead, and you may or may not be screwed. Best of luck.

im sure u didnt mean anythign by that but i am vietnamese, i dont mean to say anything but someone might get affended, if it wasnt for the fact that i go around yelling obsene things, i would be offended, as my parents and my grandparants fought in vietnam, for there freedom, i wouldnt be right saying the same about america's fore fathers....

-joe nguyen

I think that buying on E Bay is like buying from Ho Chi Minh-He's got your money, he's dead, and you may or may not be screwed.  Best of luck.

im sure u didnt mean anythign by that but i am vietnamese, i dont mean to say anything but someone might get affended, if it wasnt for the fact that i go around yelling obsene things, i would be offended, as my parents and my grandparants fought in vietnam, for there freedom, i wouldnt be right saying the same about america's fore fathers....

-joe nguyen

Dude, unless you are from the viewpoint of the North Vietnamese, I cannot see Ho Chi Minh compared to the forefathers of the US. And unless the vietnamese reader (any vietnamese reader) is also from that viewpoint (communist, just pointing out, not making a judgement on the choice), s/he would not really be offended by a Ho Chi Minh put down.

Sorry for the thread hijack. I won't pursue this line of conversation after this. I just wanted to give an alternative point of view.

As for the L, although the "upside down 7" is not something that comes from the factory, I have seen wheels with this logo sold at Lexus dealerships. I personally prefer the OEM ones.

if u put aside the fact that he is a communist, he was just a revolutionist, like our fore fathers i know i shouldnt be dragging this along, if u skip the fact that he was working for the soviets and the chinese, u realize he was just a pawn int he cold war, im very very south vietnamese prone, i intend to present correct history as for im hoping to have a major in history, ho chi minh was just fighting for freedom, for his country, he was pro USA for a while, if u read about his history, he met w. wilson after ww1 in france, he even lived in brooklyn for a period of time... sorry to drag it on agian... im just very outspoken....

Thanks for pointing out the second logo.

As I saw many on ebay, sellers claim "Authentic original equipment (OEM) factory wheels, not reproductions or replicas" with the pictures show the second logo. I started to question if sellers tell the truth or not.

Seller:

Set of 4 (four) 17" 2004 Lexus LS430 Triple Chrome Plated Wheels and Tires

Authentic original equipment (OEM) factory wheels, not reproductions or replicas

Perfect fitment for all LS400 and LS430 models

Over $4,200 replacement value, brand new, never used

Look at the picture with the "7" center cap:

post-4-1092037458.gif

That doesn't mean they're lying. They may be OEM Lexus wheels, but once they chrome them for some reason they loose the ability to use the genuine Lexus logo. So more likely they are genuine Lexus wheels, they've just been chromed.

You can always replace the center caps with genuine Lexus chrome ones purchased from a Lexus dealer if you want to be rid of the upside down 7. Thats what I would do.