Run Flat Tires For Sc430

cinmarc

I have a 2002 sc430. My first set of run flats sounded like truck tires about 10,000 miles. Because my dealer neglected to check my alignment when asked, they replaced them for free. Now on my second set with 17,000 miles. The second set also became very loud at about 14,000 miles. There is a lot of tread left, as it was with the first set. Does any one out there have the same loud noise. If this is a normal occurance because of alignment, than Lexus should make a mandatory service adjustment with maintainense. These tires aren't cheap. About $2000.00 a set. This shouldn't happen with so little miles and so much tread. All sc430 owners should make a class action to have either the dealer or firestone be responsible. The loud tire noise takes the enjoyment out of driving sometimes. Do any of you have this problem?

I don't think you'll find many GX owners that use run flat tires. The tire design that enables your tires to run flat has very stiff sidewalls and that causes noise and a slightly harsher ride. I had the low profile 17 inch Z rated tires on a GS400. Those tires got louder with time and miles. I switched to Toyo tires and that solved the problem.

I don't think you'll find many GX owners that use run flat tires. The tire design that enables your tires to run flat has very stiff sidewalls and that causes noise and a slightly harsher ride. I had the low profile 17 inch Z rated tires on a GS400. Those tires got louder with time and miles. I switched to Toyo tires and that solved the problem.

:huh: GS400jon's got a point, post ur problem in the sc430 forums

Agreed sw! They haven't perfected the run flat yet....they pretty have you between a rock & a hard place too as I don't think the sc comes with a spare run flat or spare tire period does it? :unsure:

:cheers:

• 2 years later...

Agreed sw! They haven't perfected the run flat yet....they pretty have you between a rock & a hard place too as I don't think the sc comes with a spare run flat or spare tire period does it? :unsure:

:cheers:

I have Bridgestone flat running tires about 6,000 miles on my '04 sc, but in about 15,000 miles I WILL get Michelin Pilots and one spare for a nicer ride...Eddie