Battery Drainage

mYe

I have a 1994 Lexus ES300. It has around 200k miles. Everything ran good until a few months ago where the battery started to drain out when I don't use my car for 2 days, sometimes the drain happened overnight. When I have to go to school in the morning, I alwyas have to use those jumpstarter to start up the car. It has been such a nuisance. More than once, I bought the car to a local car shop and have them do several maintanance check. We replaced the battery several times, replaced the alternator. The starter has no problems. I don't know what could this be.

I bought my car to Goodyear for another checkup, they say that they could not find a source that is draining the battery. I know for certain that it was not a light that was left on overnight because I opened the Relay & Fuse box to remove the yellow tablet for lights and left the car overnight, however, the drain still occurred.

I have almost tried everything and I'm in a state of desperation. Could anyone offer suggestions besides buyin a new car? (I can't afford a new car because of high-insane insurance). PLEASE HELP!!

Do you have an aftermarket sound system in your car (such as a Subwoofer and Amplifier?) If you amplifier turn-on lead is screwed up, then it could drain power from the battery all the time beecause it doesn't turn off with the car and is powered all the time.

Otherwise, it sounds like you have a wire grounded somewhere where it shouldn't be.

I know that dead batteries are extremely frusterating! My battery kept dying on my Lexus every night too (due to a crappy battery from Crappy Tire) so one day I decided to take my motorcycle to work instead of the car. Sure enough, when I got on my bike to go home, it's battery was dead too!! Arg!!

Good luck!

Bryan

the terminals are opposite on our batteries so you have to be careful when replacing the battery.

this sounds like they definetely screwed up groud wiring when replacing your battery.

or as bryan said, maybe some after market equipement ?

open the trunk pass through and look to see if the light is on in the trunk

you may have messed with the wire

also replace the battery cables to make sure the abbtery gets full battery charge as tehy break down

Oh yeah, also another thing to try . . .

Try setting your light on the roof so that it does NOT come on when you open the doors (middle setting). I had a problem with my Mazda once where the door button thing was making the car think the doors were open all the time. With the Lexus, the lights fade out so you might not notice if they are left on.

Maybe your lights are staying on without you noticing and draining your battery?

Good luck,

Bryan

Nope, it was not a light in the trunk or a light in the middle. It has always turned off. I have regular radio/CD that came with the car. I never "upgrade" my car or anything in similarity. Well, I gave up. HOwever, wiht this problem, I cannot even sell my car to buy another :cries:

Take off the positive battery cable and put an amp meter between the battery terminal and the battery cable. If you get more then a few milliamps of current draw then you have to start pulling the fuses and see what circuit is drawing excessive current. There is always a slight amount of battery current being used for stuff like the clock, computer, etc., but not enough to kill your battery overnight. I didn't start my car for over a month and when I did it started without any problems. I feel it's nothing more then a dead cell in your battery. :rolleyes:

Bryan - You should read the posts before you respond! :rolleyes:

You asked:

What do you have added to your car that would cause your battery to go dead all of the time? Do you have a huge stereo or something?

On mYe's previous post he said:

I have regular radio/CD that came with the car.

Sorry amf, I didn't make it clear to whom my question was directed towards. The question was intended to be directed towards SKPerformance . . .

I knew that mYe had stock, because I asked him already before (because an aftermarket stereo could be a cause for battery drain).

Sorry about my lack of clarification

Bryan

Now this question is directed towards mYe :P

When you turn off your car, put your ear up to one of your speakers . . . do you hear any static or anything? A member on a Benz board a participate in had the problem where his factory amp wasn't shutting down, and this caused his battery to die after 12-24 hours of sitting . . .

Just a stab in the dark

Regards,

Bryan

you haven't looked in the memebrs garage and seen what my car looks like have you brian ?

I have more crap than i ever will need, a stereo that costs more than the car and other stupid bits i added over the years,tv ,ps2 meters..........

When i put in my Clifford Security System, I used a battery back up. Love it!

i have a little tiny battery which is put in there with a size adapter. haha

Running two amps and no problems yet.

But i know one of these days ill need to get a nice battery.

for the past year though, ive been using this crap cause its what the car came with.

I wouldn;t be suprised ,but my university and college education helped me afford all that crap.

now i am a very flexible member of the workforce trained in various expertises

i can fix your phone line,then change your oil and brakes tehn give you finacial advise alll in one appointment

lmao