Windshield Washer Nozzles

mobilyte

You're doing better than me. I don't get anything out of mine, not a drop. I keep meaning to check into what is wrong, but keep forgetting. I tend not to use this feature on my cars.

Btw, each of my nozzles have three holes and the controller says "mist". Obviously I don't know whether a stream or a mist comes out of 'em.

On my '95, the washer fluid comes out as a strong, concentrated beam --not mistlike at all. Each nozzle has 3 holes. It makes a pattern that looks like this character: ^ ...one hole on the nozzle for each point in that bottomless triangle. Is it possible to clean the nozzles? <_<

:cheers:

I just cleaned my nozzles. They are awesome now!!! I used a syringe(we've got a diabetic in the house); I stuck the needle into each hole to clear out the wax build-up in them. It took all of 20 seconds, and now it's good as new. I tried the tooth pick, but it was a shade too big...just my luck. :(

:cheers:

Just did this repair last night on the 95. The shooters are removeable and can be released from inside the hood. I used a needle to clear mine (they also had some paint on them). The hose was rather kinked where it slides on so I cut off the hose a 1/2" or so and got a fresh fit. Work fine now.

On my 95, with the hood up I just followed the washer hose to where it heads up under the hood blanket. Then just pulled the hood blanket back a little and you can push a plastic tang on the nozzle and release on side of the nozzle from the hood. The wiggle the nozzle out of the top of the hood.

Or you can just try a needle and unplug the three holes and leave the nozzle on the car. If you can get a needle in the holes...odds are the hose is kinked a little at the sprayer and that's the problem. Mine was kind of both problems. Paint from someone that touched up the hood paint and one hose was kinked at the sprayer.