Help With Subwoofer

I just had a subwoofer put in my 95 es300 about a month ago. I wanted to keep my stock headunit, so I decided to use a switch to turn the subwoofer on or off. Just recently though, the subwoofer fades in and out as I leave it on. It comes on strong, but after driving for maybe 10 minutes, it fades away, and then comes back on another 10 minutes later. Has anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it? Or could it just be a loose connection of the wires somewhere? Thanks!

ibepuffin9

Thanks guys for your help. I have a 12 inch audiobahn subwoofer that is 400 rms, and a Boss amp that if i remember correctly is 800 watts. I'm thinking it could definitely be overheating, because on the day it happened, and since i live in texas, it reached 107 degrees outside, and it never seems to have problems at night. So i'm definitely gonna take it to the shop to see if it is the amp, or maybe if it's the switch. Thanks so much for your help!!

ibepuffin9

I can almost gurantee it is the amp. I had a similar amp here in maryland and it always faded in and out. The good thing about that was the fact that my back seats were able to fold down to allow air to cool it off. I don't want to bust your bubble but I have heard numerous stories about Boss Amps. They were not very good. But it could just be some models of that particular amp. Or you can adjust the sound level of the amp so it is not overheating as fast. The only problem with that is you will sacrifice performance of the amp and sub system.

A site with a good Audio forum is www.ecoustics.com

Just ask the user Glasswolf any audio questions . . . he is an Audio God :P

Mention on the board that you have Audiobahn and Boss and you will likely get a bunch of messages saying what crap it is. They particularly don't like Audiobahn, Boss, Sony, Legacy, Pyramid, etc. Glasswolf is understanding though, and he will help you even though he disaproves of your equipment.

Good luck,

Bryan

People talk crap about my Jensens but hey-they work, they sound good, they were cheap, they've never overheated, they look cool....need I go on? B) Put it this way; no matter what they think of my equipment, they all ask me to install theirs for them so...water off a duck's a$$ if they've got crap to talk. I just won't install their system! HA! :P

I agree . . .

Really, I think it all comes down to the popularity factor of owning a specific brand. But, there is indeed quality differences, but if you are not an extreme audiophile, then who really cares anyways? If you have the unit and like the way it sounds, then that's all that really matters :)

Regards,

Bryan