Possible Electrical Problem

cgholson

I recently replaced the alternator on my LS 400 this weekend and I've had to recharge the battery twice. Someone mentioned that something electrical may be draining the battery. I'm going to take it to the shop however I wanted thoughts from owners who may have had the same problem and what the resolution was.

migirdech Posted on Aug 5 2004, 11:51 AM

depending on if/how long you drove your car with an alternator that was not delivering a charge to your battery, your battery may be shot. how old is your current battery? it's generally a good idea to install a new battery if you have to replace your alternator. 

Yeah, or your battery now has a bad cell and wont hold a charge. Replace it and ease your worries.

Do the guys who have replied to me I had the battery taken to AutoZone where it was purchased from and it says the battery is good. I took the battery home and when my friend was putting it in the car for me sparks were coming from the positive terminal and he said that shouldn't be happening and that's why he said it may be something electrical or perhaps the trunk light which doesn't go off may be draining it.