Subwoofer

Travieso~13

Does anyone have a 8"sub for my '92 Lexo, if anyone does make me a deal and i'll pay the shipping, i need a good stock cause i took mine out, it was all tore up. I i also need a cd cartridge for my cd changer, any suggestions. So if anybody has any of the above make a me gd deal

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have a 8"sub for my '92 Lexo, if anyone does make me a deal and i'll pay the shipping, i need a good stock cause i took mine out, it was all tore up. I i also need a cd cartridge for my cd changer, any suggestions. So if anybody has any of the above make a me gd deal

Thanks

Hey there,

I was just wondering, what did you do with the torn up subwoofer?? Do you still have it? Do you have any use for it? If not would you be interested in shipping it to me?? (I would pay for shipping ofcourse)

Lance

First question>>>Sorry I dont have it I looked at it and it disapointed me, sorry, but i do have a 8" Audiobahn that I put in but know I took it out because I put an aftermarket stero amp and another sub(12")

Second question>>>Its very simple you just remove the speaker cover...go to good sight thats a very help full website

I wouldn't even consider putting a stock Lexus sub back in, it's crap. Even if you manage to find one chances are you'll need to do a complete recondition of it. My sub didn't have any gasket left and the pictures of subs for sale on ebay usually don't either. The sub is paper thin...back in 1990 it was probably decent for a car stereo but in 2004 there are many better options. It's not even worth the time to deal with it...IMO chuck it in the trash can!! :lol:

How do you remove the Sub-woofer (90 ls400) from the trunk, or from the backseat? The bolts from the trunk look like the are welded on or something. My sub woofer is blown too

Jimmy

Just replaced mine by an installer. As you may or may not know, Dealer has stock 2 ohm replacement for $190.00. I had taken out the rear sub cover & removed the 4 bolts for replacement. Replaced it with a Kicker 8" Mid-bass RMB8. It has a very slim depth. Installer had to grind down the sub bracket (although there are screws attaching the sub to bracket, it is a SOLID piece) Had to rip the old sub off bracket & screw in the new one. Not only that but I had to purchase an amp to power the 4 ohm sub since the stock amp runs @ 2 ohms. Good luck ! ! !