What Is Your Lexus Dealer's Shop Rate?

Glad you're happy Bryan lol. Only thing, if the car doesn't have the nav it doesn't have the ML stereo, unless its different in Canada.

byo- Don't let them get away with that. Did you ask for a loaner when you scheduled the service? That you have to do. To their credit they do run out of loaners depending on the number of cars they have. Its possible that they think you'll just wait either because of your age (I'm 23 and have no problem, but I look at least 10 years older) or because you haven't complained in the past. Here's how Lexus should handle it:

You: I need to schedule X service, and I will need a loaner for the day.

Dealer: Of course sir, in order to put you in a loaner we'll have to wait and schedule it for a week from Tuesday.

You: Okay, can I actually drop it off the night before? (why sit in morning traffic?)

Dealer: Of course sir, any time after 4 and we close at 7.

You: Great, see you then, can you jot down that I'd like an RX330?

Dealer: Sure, can't guarantee that but I'll write it down.

You: Thank you, bye

Thats how it should work, and thats how it does work whenever I schedule service at any dealership. I even get loaner cars and drop the car off the night before for a mini-maint (oil change and tire rotation) that takes an hour. Having the loaner car is the only reason to take the car to Lexus if its non-warranty work and it makes the cost worthwhile.

If they complain and say it will only be 10 minutes say:

You: "I simply cannot wait around the dealership, not even for 10 minutes. I can wait to be scheduled whenever you have a loaner availiable but I cannot come in and wait"

If the dealer still refuses then hang up and call another dealer. When making the appointment inform them that "Lexus of X was not treating me as I believe a Lexus owner should be treated including not giving me a loaner car, I'm looking for a new dealership to handle my service for my Lexuses (always say plural, because in your life you will have more than one, maybe, right ;) )"

You gotta play them right. They have hundreds of very wealthy customers to deal with, you've gotta make sure they think or know that you're one of them. If they think you aren't then yes they'll focus their efforts on others.

Lexus dealers are used to dealing with demanding customers. You're paying them a lot of money, get what you're paying for.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell them I'm amf1932 and if I don't get a loaner, I'll spread the word all over LOC's website. At this point they tell me to go into the customer waiting room and have a bagel & coffee. :lol:

Well, my car made it's trip to the dealer, and they did an entire (and I mean ENTIRE) check of the car, which is what I wanted them to do.

Basically, with all of the repairs, the estimate is in the neighbourhood of $6000CAN :wacko:

The guy I dealt with was extremely polite, and spoke straight with me. Most of the repairs needed were not outrageous and were not stated just to make a profit . . . they are things that I kind of expected to need fixing. He didn't expect me to do the repairs anyways, and told me I should look for another car. He could have pushed for the repairs (to make some money) but he didn't do that. Overall, the dealer was awesome. His technician spent 4 hours on the car, but he only charged 2 hours of labour because he felt so bad about charging me 4 hours labour just to tell me bad news. They even washed and waxed my car, conditioned the leather, vaccuumed and everything for free! Even my rims looks brand new (and they were REALLY dirty from a year of neglect and brake dust).

Anyways, here are some of the repairs that he said need to be done now or in the very near future:

- Brake lines ($1400CAN Yikes!) (I knew they were bad)

- Fuel lines (I knew they were bad)

- Muffler (I knew this was bad)

- Leaking high pressure lines in A/C (reason for blowing warm air)

- C/V boots

- Replace stupid A/C Delco plugs with Denso Platinums (reason for rough idle)

- Leak in exhaust flew pipe due to cheap fix (I had that done at Midas :( )

- Clutch ($1500CAN) (this is expected to be changed at 213000 kms)

- Climate control bulbs (said the lcd needs to be replaced, but I think that is just because he doesn't know of the bulbs)

- tranmission and coolant flush (regular maintenance)

- timing belt is due for a change (regular maintenance)

- Couldn't look at rear brake because the bolts were rounded off by my previous mechanic :(

- He didn't mention it, but my car has some nasty rust that should be fixed ($2500CAN for complete body job)

Al in all, he told me straight out that I should start looking for another car, as mine has seen better days. I think I am taking his advice. I just can't sink any more money into this car. What sucks is that I just spent over $2000CAN in the last few months getting all of the brakes, calipers, and suspension, and power steering in shape :(

This is so frusterating . . . I really do love my Lexus, and hate to part with it.

But, for anyone in the Kitchener/Waterloo area of Ontario, Heffner Lexus Toyota is the way to go! For $200CAN I had a really thorough inspection and a few things fixed (while they were inspecting), a complete car detailing, and the use of a 2004 ES330 for two days! I think I would pay that amount of money just for the thrill of driving that new car for the time I had it . . . it was fun B)

Regards,

Bryan

Glad you're happy Bryan lol. Only thing, if the car doesn't have the nav it doesn't have the ML stereo, unless its different in Canada.

The car doesn't have the navigation system, but it most certainly has the Mark Levinson stereo system B) It was very nice . . . very well balanced with nice deep bass. 6-CD in-dash changer. It also had something called RDS that I never really figured out. I think it might have been some kind of satellite radio or something? Not really sure . . .

Also, by the way, the dealer treated me so nicely and I am only 21 years old and am driving a rusty '92 ES! Excellent customer service! He even told me not to be in a hurry bringing back the loaner ES330 . . . as long as I dropped it off before they close at midnight! They don't close 'till midnight!! B) Now how cool is that?

Regards,

Bryan

They must ship different packages in Canada.

Thats how a Lexus dealer SHOULD be, glad you found a good one. I agree with their assessment, sometimes cars if the work hasn't been done on a regular basis can really get away from you and turn into a REAL mess...

They must ship different packages in Canada.

Yes they do, and here's the package:

SPORTDESIGN $4,700.00(Can)

AM/FM Stereo Cassette, Compact Disc Autochanger, Mark Levinson Audio, Rear Window Sunshade, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Special Edition Badging, Unique Special Edition Floor Mats, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps, Wood and Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Unique Alloy Wheels

It also had something called RDS that I never really figured out. I think it might have been some kind of satellite radio or something? Not really sure . . .

Explanation of RDS:

Your audio system is equipped with Radio

Data Systems (RDS). RDS mode provides

you to receive text messages from radio stations

that utilize RDS transmitters.

When RDS is on, the radio can

—only select stations of a particular program

type,

—display messages from radio stations,

—search for a stronger signal station,

—search for local stations broadcasting the

same network as the vehicle travels,

—receive announcements concerning local

and national emergencies (even if RDS function

is turned off).

RDS features are available for the use only

on FM stations which broadcast RDS information.

I like the RDS, cause now I know who sings the songs I'm listening to.

NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, 98 degrees, etc all sound the same to me. :P

Alan, the bagel and coffee.......that's actually what I get too. <_<

steviej

I checked North East lexus in brampton their shop rate is 104 and hour with a loaner not matter where you bought it.

You're talking about Canadian currency, right? The conversion to US currency is:

$104 Canadian = $79.54 US. That was at noon today.

I think I'll bring my car up to Canada for service since it's a lot cheaper then here in the states. :D

yup

about as canadian for currency as coffee and a doughnut or a mountie although you will never normally see them here .Actually i remember seeig somewhere that the ministry of tourism or the city is paying for a couple of mounties to walk around downtown Toronto for the tourists.

So it sounds like you can have your car serviced and walk around and see some mounties while eating a doughnut.

lol