Good Year Eagles

silvermate

just wandering if any of you guys have mounted good year eagle Z rated performace tires on your lexus?

if so how were they? grip, wet grip, noise ect......

just trying to get oppinions on how that tire would act with our cars.

locally i've found a set for dirt cheap, (even though i'm not due for tires yet) i kinda wanted to buy them and try them out on occasion.

they are stock on Vettes, and SS camaros, i love the tread pattern.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah i'm not sure which model they are.....i'll find out.....

i've read reviews on the tire, but they were mostly from people with high powered rwd cars like vettes and such....

so i was just seeing if any fellow members have had them on the lex

thanks for the link i'll check it out...... :cheers:

I say that basically for the same reason configman has outlined in his response. Those type of tires of more suited for a 'supercar' say perhaps the new Ford GT!? :blink: The LS is night & day what the GT is so should the tires be for each application. They are super expensive and are not for a Luxury car at all. What size are we talking about here? ottom line is there are many more better choices of tires that are tailored for the LS that will return excellent performance as well & will last 10 times longer.

:cheers:

lmao! you think the gsd3's are expensive? here are my examples (245/45-17 front tire):

gsd3: $187

the only tires that can be compared to it and are cheaper are these

continental contisport contact 2: $151

dunlop sp sport 9000 dsst: $159

kumho ecsta mx: $129

pirelli pzero rosso asimmetrico: $165

yokohama avs sport: $152

too bad that the kumho is worse in all aspects than the gsd3, the continental and pirelli have horrible tread wear, the yoko is just a tad worse in all corners than the kumho, and the dunlop is worse than the yoko. what other namebrand tires does the gsd3 beat out in both performance and price?

bfgoodrich gforce ta kd: $204 (slippery, noisy, and gone in the blink of an eye)

bridgestone potenza re050: $204

bridgestone potenza s03 pole position: $213 (best alternative for the gsd3)

goodyear eagle f1 supercars: $229 (if you like hydroplaning, then these are great)

michelin pilot sport: $221

so in conclusion, the gsd3 is one the best bangs for buck in the tire world.

OK we might not be on the same page here.....tell me in full what the 'gsd3' is exactly......I don't think they are the same page as the Goodyear F1's.......a little clairification might help. ;) B)

The Ford GT as an example has 235 45zr 18's on front $ 256 each for Eagle f1's

315 40zr 19's on back $ 435 each for eagle f-1's

So in that form yes I think that's fair to say that super expensive all things considered for Goodyear F1's!

Are we strickly going with a summer tire or an all season tread in the size you mention, I guarantee I can find other tires available either way as your missing quite a few tire brands on your list if you really want to get technical ;) B)

there are 4 eagle f1 tires: fiorano, gsd3, supercar, and gs. the gsd3 is hands down the best tire and even beats the others in price (not sure about the fiorano though).

the tires on the gt are supercars, which are not comparable to the gsd3 and are even higher priced for some odd reason.

i know there are many more brands of tires than what i listed. by saying "namebrand" tire, i meant brands that most people know of and are produced in large quantities.

That's all I wanted to know for clairification.......we were not talking 'apples to apples' with the gsd4 supercar......was my main point. Now were strickly on 'summer' rubber as opposed to all season right? & what are the treadwear, traction & temperature ratings for the ones on your short list? :unsure:

what are the treadwear, traction & temperature ratings for the ones on your short list? :unsure:

hell if i know. im not going to waste my time digging up that info. however, i do know that the gsd3 beats all in wet traction, hydroplane resistance, ride comfort, noise comfort, and tread wear.

Well there is a method behind my madness.....hence the question because I doubt the the Goodyears beat the Toyo Proxes TS-1 :D & I'd bet the treadwear is quite a bit more than the GY.......hence the better value :D B) ;)

Well there is a method behind my madness.....hence the question because I doubt the the Goodyears beat the Toyo Proxes TS-1 :D & I'd bet the treadwear is quite a bit more than the GY.......hence the better value :D B) ;)

you sure about that? the t1s is only a uhp tire, while the gsd3 is a mp tire.

mp>uhp