Nav System Update

BillFurst

I'm located in Irvine CA, 92603

'04 MY GX 470

All options, except Lexus Link

MY DVD Ver = 3.1

I found out Ver 4.1 will be available ib Sept or Oct, may will cost $250~$500 to update.

My point is I just received delivery of '04 MY, I expected the DVD database to be current, or at least since my vehicle is so new I should receive 4.1 update free of charge.

Has anyone updated the Navi DVD?

What have you been charged?

Thanks for your reply!

No the DVD software is always a year behind. So if your car is an 04, it has the 03 software. Lexus used to do 1 free update but not anymore.You MAY be able to get Lexus to pay for this if you can talk your dealer into doing it to earn your service and repeat sales business.

• 3 months later...

I just had my dealer update my system to version 4.1. Cost was $313 including sales tax. I hope that it was worth it as it does not come with any documentation or release notes that would give anyone any idea as to exactly what was updated on the DVD. More POI, Significant Map Changes, Any new features????

I am happy that it is updated, but I find it rather unprofessional that software is being sold with not information that expresses the value of the update. I will probably drop a line to Lexus when they call to see how happy I am.

I do not mind paying for software as that is how I make my money. But, my companies software always ships with release notes.

I just had my dealer update my system to version 4.1. Cost was $313 including sales tax. I hope that it was worth it as it does not come with any documentation or release notes that would give anyone any idea as to exactly what was updated on the DVD. More POI, Significant Map Changes, Any new features????

I am happy that it is updated, but I find it rather unprofessional that software is being sold with no information that expresses the value of the update. I will probably drop a line to Lexus when they call to see how happy I am.

I do not mind paying for software as that is how I make my money. But, my company's software always ships with release notes.