Next Generation Ls.....

MikeP

If you had the opportunity to sit face to face with the designers & engineers working on the next generation LS, what recommendations would you have for them?

I would suggest a slightly bolder style (nowhere as radical as the BMW 7 Series), add adjustable foot pedals, improve fuel mileage while maintaining the same or more power, install 18" wheels as the minimum size and hold the prices steady.

Mike

How about an All Wheel Drive option? such as the Audi A8L? :o :D ;) perhaps a tad more responsive in the corners (the LS just came in second place to the A8 in a comparo in Motortrends sept 04 issue).

:cheers:

Hmm....very interesting thread, I would have to say is that, make the exterior and as well as the interior more larger. I looked at edmunds.com and the specs and 2004 is not much larger than my 93. Nothing personal but I just feel that Lexus should be a little larger in size than what it already is. I think Lexus designers and engineers can pull this off without making the car look like a big metal block.

Hmm....very interesting thread, I would have to say is that, make the exterior and as well as the interior more larger.

Personally, I think the size is about right. I had a '98 LS400 and the '04 LS430 I now own, seems to have much more interior room, especially rear leg room. Lexus should consider adding a long wheelbase version along with the current size, like BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Jaguar offer. If I could get all the comfort and features of the LS430 in a smaller Lexus model, I would seriously consider it.

Mike

The bulky, slab-sided rear shoud be restyled. The longer wheelbase option seems like a good idea because all of its German competitors Audi, Merc, BMW offers longer wheelbase versions. The interior could be improved to look more Teutonic- cool and business -like, it looks a little toyish

Hmm....very interesting thread, I would have to say is that, make the exterior and as well as the interior more larger.

Personally, I think the size is about right. I had a '98 LS400 and the '04 LS430 I now own, seems to have much more interior room, especially rear leg room. Lexus should consider adding a long wheelbase version along with the current size, like BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Jaguar offer. If I could get all the comfort and features of the LS430 in a smaller Lexus model, I would seriously consider it.

Mike

Yes, the 01+ LS's have much more room than previous models. My Gen III is better than older models, with a tough more head, shoulder, and leg room. But the Gen 4's are VERY ROOMY inside. Of course, there's always room for more!!!

I'd like to see a more "CHISELED LOOK" throughout the exterior, as I do prefer my 99 exterior shape.

i dont know but i read the paper today and it said that toyota made aver a billion dollars in profits this year (japanese newspaper in japan)

as for the bigger exterior and interior issue. japan has harsh regulations about vehicle size because of the narrow streets and larger cars like bmw and merc. get taxed alot and thats why it costs alot in japan and thats why it costs alot to keep one. and the LS is as big as a car can get in japan without getting hit up with all the extra taxes. ofcourse toyota makes a bigger car but its for the much much richer consumer meaning for company executives or just plain rich people with drivers. its called the toyota Century. its has a v12 and it costs a good 100k$$$ the sad thing about the v12 is that because of more stupid japanese regulations it only has 280hp :angry: but it has like 450+ftlbs of torque. ;)