95 Gs300 Headlights

Hello,

I am new to this board, so if this question has been asked and answered please forgive me and just direct me to the thread.

I have a 95 GS300 and I want to either clean or replace my headlight covers. Is there any product on the market that can clean the yellow tint. I have just had my GS repainted, replaced faded gold emblems with new chrome ones and added new chrome rims. So the old headlight covers stick out like a sore thumb. Any help you can give as far a cleaning or any place I can purchase them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jggs300

Hello,

I am new to this board, so if this question has been asked and answered please forgive me and just direct me to the thread.

I have a 95 GS300 and I want to either clean or replace my headlight covers. Is there any product on the market that can clean the yellow tint. I have just had my GS repainted, replaced faded gold emblems with new chrome ones and added new chrome rims. So the old headlight covers stick out like a sore thumb. Any help you can give as far a cleaning or any place I can purchase them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jggs300

hey what's going on and welcome to the club. many members have asked the same question. if the yellow build up is on the outside, the i recomend a good polish/wax like macguires or mothers to remove that nasty yellow film. I personally use macguires hi tech yellow wax to remove mine... and let me tell you, it does wonders. they shine like brand new now. so instead of buying new headlights, you can simply clean the outside. now if they are on the inside, you're probably better off buying a clean set of headlights. one of the breathers on the housing is not working correctly and lets in the dew and stuff like that which will set in the inner lens. that or you can take it apart and clean them out yourself. the choice is yours. good luck.

I cleaned my headlights with some plexiglass cleaner and man they look 100 times better.  Thanks again for your suggestions.

where did you get the plexi glass cleaner and what brand is it??thanks for the help

i think someone had mentioned in another thread that it was called plastix.