Bluetooth Issue

DB S600

I dont know if this one touch dial system actually works while the car is moving or not from experience, but on Page 119 of the navigation system manual of 2004 lx470, it states that one touch call cannot be operated while you are driving. Is this actually true....anyone actually able to do this while driving???

Also, can you give name and phone number of company who can disable the spped sensor safety feature???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Lexus...actually i called a 3rd party company that Lexus uses for repairs on its LX470 bluetooth issues...

Bottom line: They received a memo from Verizon Wireless last Friday morning, stating there are known issues with this phone (signal strength meter, no ringing, etc.).--the fix will be out in November of 2004 (expected date). That is the most up to date info. It IS a Verizon issue, they do know about it, and the fix is coming in November. I have no idea what that fix will consist of, but its a fix anyways.

Perry

Today Lexus called me back in regard to my issues of no ring tones for incoming calls. They said that although the owners manual states that there should be a ring, some phones are not compatible with the system. I thought this was absolute BS because bluetooth is an industry standards; and i told the rep so. He said there is nothing else that they can do at this time and for me to get in contact with Lexus Lets Talk as far as compatible phones go. I was then transferred to them and they said that the V710 is going to be released some time in Sept. Now I'm thinking I must be the crazy one.

Anyway, thanks Perry for that very helpful information. I'm happy that at least they acknowledge the issue and attempt a fix. I'm just dumfounded why Lexus did not give me that response in the first place. Would it be possible to tell me who you spoke with or what number you called. Thank you very much, Javad.

800-336-399Not sure who I spoke with, but I asked to speak to anyone who could help me with bluetooth/lexus/motorola...they connected me, and that is where all the info was from.

By the way....I purchased the phone already, today. Is there ANY way to put numbers into the lexus phonebook????

I have an email from Moto that they are aware of the issue with the phone book and other "synch" problems with the Lexus, that a fix has been developed, and that Verizon will make it available within 60 days. Keep your fingers crossed.

As someone suggested before, the ONLY way to get a phonebook transferred over to the Lex is through a bluetooth phone other than the V710 (i guess you would first have to copy your v710's phonebook over to that phone). Then, once uploaded... switch back to the v710 and it should still be in the system.

amf... hopefully sooner than 60days, i waited long enough for the phone to be released!

sorry if i was not clear. i said the only way to TRANSFER a phonebook would be to use another bluetooth telephone. i think you might be able to create one by choosing numbers from your outgoing / incoming call lists.

I have an email from Moto that they are aware of the issue with the phone book and other "synch" problems with the Lexus, that a fix has been developed, and that Verizon will make it available within 60 days. Keep your fingers crossed.

Sounds like you found someone at Moto that is willing to admit to problems with the V710. Could you let me know how to get to them as I need to report a problem with the Transflash card and applying photos in the card with phonebook entries. I've tried customer service, but they blame VZW, VZW blames Moto. MotoCoder support says call Qualcomm, and they have no clue why I was sent to them.

Thanks

pemarsh: the number that you gave has no information on bluetooth devices / technology. what they do, however, is supply replacement parts for older lexus models that have analog cell phone wiring / components. was there another number, thanks for your help.

Jarling....Have you actually had success with using the one touch dialing buttons? This would be an acceptable solution for me. Also, have you confirmed that while dialing the phone manually, you can still speak and listen through the car's speaker system?

Yes, I have actually placed 1-Touch calls while the car was in motion. It's a very handy feature. While moving, you simply press the "Phone-Off-Hook" button on the steering wheel and the nav screen automatically puts the 1-Touch menu up for you to select the number to dial. I use this often and like it.

As I mentioned, you can set up 17 phone numbers from your phone book to use with 1-Touch. It's set up with 3 screens of 6 numbers, but the 6th slot on the first screen is automatically set as a "Redial" function, so can't be assigned out of the phonebook. I neglected to mention in my previous posts that there are two separate phone books, so technically you could set 34 1-Touch numbers, but you have to be stopped to change from Phonebook 1 to Phonebook 2 (in the Telephone Setup screens). We use the Phonebook 1 and Phonebook 2 for his/her phone numbers.

Yes, I have also dialed numbers manually on the phone and been able to speak and listen via the car's speaker system.

Thanks for all the great posts on this subject. I hope Lexus is listening.

Sounds like you found someone at Moto that is willing to admit to problems with the V710. Could you let me know how to get to them as I need to report a problem with the Transflash card and applying photos in the card with phonebook entries. I've tried customer service, but they blame VZW, VZW blames Moto. MotoCoder support says call Qualcomm, and they have no clue why I was sent to them.

Thanks

I just contacted Motorola by email at their support page and received my answer in a day. FYI, here's the text of Moto's response:

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support. We really appreciate your interest in our brand and our products.

Regarding your concern, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing with the Motorola V710 you have. You will be able to sync your V710 unfortunately not for the time being. You will need to contact Verizon and get a software upgrade when it is available. A fix has been identified and it expected to be available within 60 days of its release.

For further information regarding this or any other subject, please do not hesitate to visit our web site www.motorola.com or contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-331-6456, where one of our agents will be happy to assist you. Our hours of operation are from Monday to Friday from 8AM to 7PM Central Standard Time.

Thank you for allowing us to be of your assistance.

Best regards,

08/14/2004 07:25 PM

I have a Lexus LS 430 with Bluetooth phone capability. The phone synchs to th...v710 CANNOT be registered on your site; model does not appear in list.

----- Original Message -----

To: amf6@comcast.net

Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 10:20 AM

Subject: I have a Lexus LS 430 with Bluetooth phone capability. The phone synchs to th... [incident: 040814-000055]

Dear Valued Customer:

We have received your request for personal assistance or completed survey comments. You should expect a response from one of Motorola's consumer response agents within 24 hours (Monday - Friday).

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service to you!

PLEASE NOTE:

If you have not received a written response to your question within 72 hours, Monday - Friday, you are encouraged to review the status of your question and see our response! Click on the link at the bottom of this message to check the status or to update your question. Your email address is your Username and you do NOT need a password. Simply leave the password field blank unless you manually set up a password

If the "Status" column indicates "Unresolved" or "Researching", we are still working to provide you a solution and we appreciate your patience.

Save 10% on your next online purchase of phones, accessories, two-way radios, broadband, and more! Visit us at www.motorola.com/shop, and simply enter code RNWP2 at checkout. Hurry! Coupon code expires August 31, 2004.

Don't forget to register your phone. For a limited time get a free ringtone or free trial game on selected phones. Learn more: http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/productreg.html

Click here to check the status, read our response or to update your question with additional information!

Question Reference #040814-000055

Summary: I have a Lexus LS 430 with Bluetooth phone capability. The phone synchs to th...

Choose a Product: Wireless Phones

Sub-Product: V710

Category: Data Connectivity

Sub-Category: Syncing Issue

Contact Information: amf6@comcast.net

Date Created: 08/14/2004 09:20 AM

Last Updated: 08/14/2004 09:20 AM

Cellular Provider: Verizon

Sign Me Up for email: Yes

Discussion Thread

Customer (Alan Feldman) 08/14/2004 09:20 AM

I have a Lexus LS 430 with Bluetooth phone capability. The phone synchs to the car fine, but I can't figure out how to send my phone book to the car. I keep getting a dialog message on the Lexus screen asking me to send the phone book, but how? Your tech service rep was awful, and insisted I go to a menu called "move to", which doesn't exist. Appreciate your help.

Auto-Response 08/14/2004 09:20 AM

Title: The Motorola V710 Cellular Phone

Link: https://motorola.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/motor...ated=1083254557

Title: What is my unlock code and how do I unlock my phone?

Link: https://motorola.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/motor...eated=952222693

Important:

Some e-mail services offer "spam" or similar filters that limit the type of e mails that may be received. Some of these filters will prohibit the delivery of our response to you. If you have an e-mail filter in use, please make sure your e-mail account is set up to receive e mails from mot_mailbox@custhelp.com. You may contact your e-mail service provider for information on how to do this.

Alternatively, you may visit this web site periodically to check the status and view responses to your question. Simply use the "My FAQ History" tab at the top of this section.

Customer (Alan Feldman) 08/14/2004 09:20 AM

I have a Lexus LS 430 with Bluetooth phone capability. The phone synchs to the car fine, but I can't figure out how to send my phone book to the car. I keep getting a dialog message on the Lexus screen asking me to send the phone book, but how? Your tech service rep was awful, and insisted I go to a menu called "move to", which doesn't exist. Appreciate your help.

Question Reference #040814-000055

Choose a Product: Wireless Phones

Sub-Product: V710

Category: Data Connectivity

Sub-Category: Syncing Issue

Contact Information: amf6@comcast.net

Date Created: 08/14/2004 09:20 AM

Last Updated: 08/15/2004 02:53 PM

Cellular Provider: Verizon

Sign Me Up for email: Yes

Sincerely,

Sophie

Motorola Internet Correspondence Team

And here's the latest from Moto about the "patch" for the v710":

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Regarding your concern, the way this patch will be distributed has not been decided yet. However it will be launched on the first days of September. If you need more information about this or any other subject please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Or you may also contact our Software Support Division at 1-877-331-6456 ext 2237.Our hours of operation are from Monday to Friday from 8AM to 7PM Central Standard Time.

Thank you for allowing us to be of your assistance.

Best regards,

• 1 month later...

That doesn't mean they won't address the issues of the ring and porting the phone book. Verizon offers no cost service to prohibit them from allowing you to have the phone ring and sync the phone book. This quote is deirectly from that site:

Monica also told me that the firmware update they've been discussing for November is unrelated to OBEX, but is a Mobile Phonetools update to allow syncing with Mobile Phonetools over Bluetooth. There was apparently a bit of miscommunication within Motorola about this, and some customers were told full Bluetooth support was on the way - it isn't.

Mobile phonetools is what the Lexus uses to sync phonebooks.

• 2 months later...

Hi --

I have the 2005 SC430, and am also having major trouble uploading my phone book from my Motorola V551 -- I can only do it one number at a time, since you have to highlight a number in the phone book before you can go to options, and when you hit "send," it only sends the highlighted number. Has anyone figured out a way around this for this or similar phones? Much thanks in advance...

Reading the manual, it states there are six ways to make a call.  1-5 states this can not be done if the car is moving.  The 6th method I didnt quite understand.

If car MFGs are surposed to make it safer for us to use cell phones while driving, it seems they need to get it standardized and working.

It seems ridiculous that I need to pull my 2004 LX470 to the side of the road to use the phone. The whole point is that you should be able to answer and make calls with as little input from the driver as possible while driving down the road. There is a certin amount of danger in being parked on the side of the highway and this can not be the answer.

Just like the voice control for my navigation system, I don't think it or bluetooth was quite ready for release, not matter what I say my LX470 wants to turn POI on or off all the time! I just quite even trying.

Some things to keep in mind while using bluetooth:

http://www.wordspy.com/words/bluejacking.asp

http://www.bluejackq.com/whatisbluejacking.asp

http://www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=226

I am not recommending against using bluetooth devices but I would certinaly keep this information in mind when using this exciting new technology.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Help is on the way :cheers:

Verizon is getting ready to get challenged :chairshot: on their bullying tactics :pirate: :

http://www.rcrnews.com/news.cms?newsId=21059

User friendly solutions are the best way to go.

I had verizon's "fix" installed by them today on my v710 and unless I just can't see the correct way to do it, I do not believe the new firmware will allow you to upload your phonebook into a Lexus. This is a gigantic disappointment and inexcusable on the part of verizon.