Bluetooth Issue

DB S600

Like I've said elsewhere, Verizon will never unlock the ability to transfer phonebooks because it would also allow the ability to transfer files.

That is not completely true. The updated Verizon fimware has apparently allowed phonebooks to be transferred from the v710 for Verizon customers to some other cars including the BMW's. The particular implimentation of Bluetooth by Lexus (and Toyota) will still not allow a phonebook transfer. Clearly, Lexus has to share some of the blame for this unacceptible fiasco. What really annoys me about this whole situation is that the lawyers at Lexus insisted that there be a warning on the navigation screen about the dangers of looking at the screen while driving, a warning that they consider so important that you have to manually clear it off the screen every time you start the car. They are so concerned about our safety that they put that extremely annoying warning there, but engineered in a terribly deficient telephone system which forces me to dial my own handheld phone while driving if I want to make an outgoing call, something that is MUCH, MUCH more dangerous than glancing at the navigation screen.

Lexus dropped the ball here big time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

MORE Help is on the way :cheers:

Verizon is getting ready to get challenged even more :chairshot: on their bullying tactics :pirate:

Class action lawsuit against Verizon over Bluetooth on the Motorola V710 expands B)

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000393033835/

End user friendly solutions are the best and ONLY way to go!

http://www.kirtlandpackard.com/v710/

• 1 month later...