Top Speed Question

is the gsxr1100 a motorcycle? what type srry  i have no clue bout motor cycles..200? that is very fast and i think that a moto would be very unstable at those speeds

indiasfinest- Yes, The problem is there are only two years the Suzuki was the fastest and could go over there 189 limit. Bone stock, no bike can go over 200 mph.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1995 sc300 140 easy.. could have gone faster.. but big rigs scared me haha

Some what confused......In other blogs it talks about the 119mph max as that is the way the Japenese have limited all the cars made there. I see several here saying that they have gone way beyond that 119 mph limit. What is the deal? Have they had to modify their cars to go beyond the 119 mph limit or what? Or is it that those made here in the states don't have that 119 mph limit? I own a SC 400 but have not push the limit. The conditions in Austin don't allow for it. If modifications are required to go beyond this 119 limit, I would like to know what that is. Just what is involved.

Thanks,

Flashjet

119??!! Who would buy a lex that could only do that? As far as the limits on japan bro.... well.. if its 119 on all cars... remind me why J-Spec components are so popular? No offence or anything but i think you might have been mis-informed. Most japaneese versions of american cars are tuned for HIGHER horsepower and top speeds. Ive heard of Gov. chips like in all the Merc's and BMW's, but a National set limit? I dont know about all that. Let me know what you find out. Try going out of town and stepping on it, your sc400 should do plenty more than 119...

Juancho...

p.s... my lex was stock( 15'' rims and all) and at sea level.. granted i needed a few miles... i hit 142 on a g-tech pro, while my needle was reading 145.

Most japaneese versions of american cars are tuned for HIGHER horsepower and top speeds.

That's actually not true. For some time now, there has been a limit to how much horsepower a car could generate in Japan, the most known to me would be the Lancer Evolution, and the Subaru WRX STi (276 HP). But now I think the law's different.

There is no law. It was a "gentlemen's agreement". Nothing more than each manufacturer agreeing to say that the cars only made no more than "280 PS (276 bhp)".

Read here: http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...8&page_number=1

I'm still disappointed at the power dropoff near 100mph w/ the SC300s. Is this the same w/ the Supra NAs?

Still don't know how they (Lexus) got a top speed of 146 out of the SC300. 

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84

I've gotten to 137, this only shows 130 however becaue I forgot to send the pic from my phone to the server before I moved it into a different folder.

Car felt stable at this speed but would have taken a good minute or two more and 3miles or more of road to get to 145. took about 3 interstate exits to get to 137..gets up to 130 pretty fast.

post-11486-1125377197_thumb.jpg

Well in my Acura Legend - got it up to 137mph - at 7 am in the morning.

And

In my SC400 - I got right up to the top speed spec of 149mph due to the limiter - otherwise I think it would have gone a bit faster.

(both times on a wide open highway without any other cars around!!)

for all of you who dont know how these crazy speeds are possible, remember, I reached 142 at SEA LEVEL on Card Sound road which is a state road going to the keys that along with being a straight bullet, has no exits, light, hell... even cops for 18 miles!!! The road is a one lane north one lane south strip with guard rails about 2-3 feet from the edge of the asphalt so no cop can park on the side. The only way a cop can stop you is if he clocks you while driving himself on the strip-which is also not likely due to the county cut-off lines. Miami-Dade ends and meets Monroe county halfway between the road so as far as patroling goes.... naahh. The only thing you need to worry about on that road is careless minivan driving dads with their families going the actual 55mph limit after getting lost trying to find key largo or something. All in all its a pretty chill 142mph i reached. Not the whole "omg omg omg omg omg omg... $h!t a cop....ok no it wasn't... wow this is fast omg omg omg".... experience we usually put ourselves through. That and its better to do it at night, not durring the summer so you get a mild 70 deg F, instead of a power killing 95 deg. For those of you who say the sc300 has no guts after 100... i say its your car, not ours. Mine was stock...rims and all when this was done. Sounds just like dirty injectors or sludge.... you seen that castrol commercial with the car towing the boat anchor and the piano.... yea... thats you my friends..

Oh and as far as a Supra's acceleration, My friend Reed ( now in at UT texas) has a N/A Supra and riding along side him with my girl in her F-150 lightning (sorry guys, highest she got was 130 before chickening out, but not with the supra...) he got to um... about 100 or so maybe 110 and was still picking up speed pretty quick, I imagine a little quicker than our sc's due to the 6spd tranny. We were chillin at like 90- 95mph and he had gunned it.

Juancho

...able to get to 100mph, but anymore...and I felt the engine really struggling.  How are you SC300 5-speed guys going above 120?  Going at 100, I didn't feel like the car had much more power to really push beyond 120 (Possibly to 110.)  ... but I didn't feel like my car could go that fast... don't see how you guys are posting speeds higher than 120...

DomLee and Nimski62,

You guys got engine problems somewhere. I'd start with new distributor/rotor/plugs/air filter like right now. I've got a stock 1994-5sp @ 93k miles. In normal tune this engine accelerates hard straight through 110mph in fourth then an upshift to 5th taking over. My fastest is ~122 or so on the straights of Thunderhill Raceway Roadcourse. There was plenty more left as it was still accelerating hard but I was running out of straight with a hard left to make at the end.

My personal fastest is a little over 120 mph. I was coming home from a game going about 70 in a 50 already and a nice big pickup decides I'm not going fast enough. When I saw him try to pass I just floored it till he was a spec in the rearview mirror, thus coining the phrase "speccing" someone. Probably not the safest thing to do by any means, but a good use of the power nonetheless. IMO

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Doing 130 in the the SC 430 feels like your doing 60mph.

Have taken the RX-7 up to 163, plenty left in her but I started to get a boost spike at about 14psi and I shut it down.

Oh yeah my yoda pickup with the flatbed got up to 109....going downhill...

Edited by onebadshot556

:lol: I just saw my old post from a few years ago. Guess I should update-92 SC3 stock, A/T, open interstate, summer night, 3AM, me and a fat guy, 142 before I hit a slight uphill and lost a few MPH. Beats the hell outta 128 in the ole ES. In the words of Ron Burgandy, I'm not even mad. :cheers:

272km/170mls Cologne to Frankfurt, Germany - Autobahn A3 no speed limit. Lexus SC430 at its absolute top speed felt great, stable and safe. Gaz guzzling: 27liter per 100km = 4.7miles per galon. Total distance 223km/140mls time for driving: 1:05h. Average speed per hour 206km/129mls