Top Speed Question

What is the real top speed on a new stock SC430? That is what I would like to know? Is it more then the real top speed of around 145mph on an SC400? Is the gearing the same or is made to run slightly higher for a faster top speed? Anyone?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the real top speed on a new stock SC430? That is what I would like to know? Is it more then the real top speed of around 145mph on an SC400? Is the gearing the same or is made to run slightly higher for a faster top speed? Anyone?

Im pretty sure it will do past 145 pretty easy. I had the parents car up to 130 and she had alot left in her.

broke 200 on a friends gsx1300r. :D

You bet me. Only 172 mph on my gsxr1100. What year busa did your friend have?

Speedometer on motorcycles don't equal actual miles per hour on motorcycles at higher speeds. Especially Suzukis! Notoriously MPH happy for the squids.

200mph on my ZX-12R equaled 180mph on the GPS.

Oh and as far as a Supra's acceleration, My friend Reed ( now in at UT texas) has a N/A Supra and riding along side him with my girl in her F-150 lightning (sorry guys, highest she got was 130 before chickening out, but not with the supra...) he got to um... about 100 or so maybe 110 and was still picking up speed pretty quick, I imagine a little quicker than our sc's due to the 6spd tranny. We were chillin at like 90- 95mph and he had gunned it.

Juancho

I didnt know the N/A Supra had the 6-speed...

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Within 3 weeks of ownership i have gone to the absolute top speed of the sc300... which, according to the speedometer, was 148. I have also gone 140 in a toyota camry and 135 in an MR2 - Monday morning at around 1 A.M. there is absolutely nobody on the highway

Just 110 for me in my '95 SC300 w/auto tranny. I guess I could've gone a bit faster but I was running out of space where I could clearly see any potential officers hiding and at 110 or higher I would probably end up spending the night in jail. No joy ride is worth that IMHO. As others have mentioned though all of the older SC series cars could go quite a bit faster with an extra gear. It should also be noted that my car is 100% stock at the moment.

112mph in my saturn sl2 with an intake...that was in third gear (auto 4spd) and 4th hit at 110 and has no power because its my overdrive gear. and 163 in my friends stock 3000gt VR4 (one of my dream cars...).

112mph in my saturn sl2 with an intake...that was in third gear (auto 4spd) and 4th hit at 110 and has no power because its my overdrive gear. and 163 in my friends stock 3000gt VR4 (one of my dream cars...).

You're nuts. 112 in a Saturn SL2. My SC300 just replaced a '97 SL2 with an auto 4-speed and I was scared to take that worthless POS above 85MPH. Starts shaking like a leaf at about that speed.

• 1 month later...

Nimski62

Rating: 0

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Dear Nimski62,

I read on here that the reason that the SC is slow off the line is because of the torque converter that they put into the car. People were mentioning to install a "Dragon" torque converter from Japan. You might lose a little off the top end but the take offs will be super fast. Ill see if I can find the post for you to add to this thread.

Oh, I got my 1993 SC300 to 120. I'm being a wimp with it but I got 4 speeding tickets (not with this car) and I don't want to get any more.

Hey DomLee.. do you by any chance feel the SC is really really slow during take off?.. cuzz i have a 1992 SC 300 5spd and its a dogg.. i feel the same as you after 100.. feels like it has nothing left, and during take off, it tops out so fast in first gear.. Let me know. Thanks

1400cc drag bike...I went 0-100mph in about 2 seconds.... Punch it and hold on for dear life literally... Topspeed on it was 170 or so mph for me.... It was a GSXR stretched and bored engine bike... I am lucky I didn't die on that machine....

145mph.......:cheers:

Incredibly smooth (Had stock suspension at the time in my SC)

Even pulled it another time with 3 passengers, held strong, good engine temp. (considering...)

.......My SC does 120mph like its 80...once the heavy !Removed! car has some momentum its acually pretty fast.

Slowly but surely I am finding places where I can run it without having a high risk of spending a night in Jail. Just put it at 115MPH tonight. Probably the slowest speed posted but I was passing everything and then some on the highway. Even the GTO and the Porsche that were out there didn't try to catch me.

What happen? Exhibition of speed fine and probation?

I did a burn out for more then a block and got pulled over by the entire Santa Monica, California Police department...My car was impounded, I was not arrested....However, I did go before a judge and I was awarded a exhibition of speeding voilation and put on one year probation...$800 fine if I remember correctly... This happen 10 years ago...

I can only imagine what the penalty is for 140mph??????

gone 145 in my mk3 supra..was actually running from the cops back when i was into street racing which was long ago..quite a bit of mods on that car..luckily he didnt catch me but caught my friend..now i got my 5spd sc3 and so far only have gone 130 on the freeway..still have many more mods to go